Twitter: Cowboys tweets 5/9

Sydla

Reaction score
Gregory should have had his case ready to present. Something smells fishy.

Maybe but the flip side is they have to get it right. A misstep here and he’s likely looking at late in the year or even next year to try this again.

Time isn’t on his side if he truly wants to get back into the NFL.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am still flummoxed as to how they didn’t replace at least one coordinator.

I think Kris Richard was given a much bigger role than just Secondary coach and passing game coordinator. Many small details seem to indicate they listened to him about defensive personnel moves already. He walked in and said Byron Jones was a CB and Woods is a FS. I'm not certain the previous secondary coaches had that authority. Richard was also in the War Room during the draft several times. There are others details based on comments by Broaddus and his minions.

jday

Reaction score
PFF had him as the #2 WR in the draft.

They base their rankings primarily on college how the player performed in college.

They don't put a big emphasis on projecting upside based on measurables which is obviously a big factor in NFL team's rankings.
Correction. PFF had him ranked as the number 2 WR in the draft in terms of Redzone completion rate...I think. But Michael Gallup, if I'm not mistaken, was there #1 wide receiver.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I agree Chris..,,just didn’t wanna comeoff too negative.
Yeah they are kinda shaky and unproven
Gallup has real potential. He reminds me of Anquan Bolden. Plays angry.

Hurns' 2019 base jumps up to $4M with another $1 M roster bonus and the team can save $5M in cap room by releasing him next off-season.
Williams has a contract that the team can move on from next off-season as well; creates approx. $2.25M (and no more guaranteed $). Beasley is in the last year of his contract. Same for Tavon Austin.

If the team is wrong about the WR group, they are in a position to do something about it next off-season. I just hate that it could be wasting Dak's third (of four) year of a cheap contract.

As far as TE, Swaim is in the last year of his deal. Gathers, Jarwin, and Schultz are all under Cowboys control for a few more years and are all extremely affordable. They should have plenty of cap room to upgrade if the current plan falls short.

ESisback

Reaction score
Why would we start in nickle against Carolina's rushing offense? I guess it depends on if they come out in a spread formation for the first play of the season.

Good point, and it SERIOUSLY weakens the validity and credibility of these projections.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree Chris..,,just didn’t wanna comeoff too negative.
Yeah they are kinda shaky and unproven
But on the flip side they have huge potential. They could be terrible or they could be really good we will have to see.

If our coaches were smart we would use this to our advantage. Teams won't know what to expect from us with a new receiving and TE group. Could be a big surprise like the Rams offense this past season.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Actually it was Gallup #1 and Wilson #3. PFF changed their rankings around at some point but around March they had Gallup at #1 and Wilson at #3.

That's a lotta love for the Cowboys' draft. I love the draft myself and am loving it more and more as i look deeper into the players. Pulling for Bo to stay healthy and make the team.