Twitter: Cowboys tweets 5/9

jday

Reaction score
Actually it was Gallup #1 and Wilson #3. PFF changed their rankings around at some point but around March they had Gallup at #1 and Wilson at #3.

I'll have to check it again, then. I could of sworn that in the overall rankings Wilson was much further down the list. But your right on Gallup. They had him ranked as the #1. I did see a graphic that had Wilson as the #2 in redzone completion rate, but I don't recall where he placed on their overall rankings. I could have sworn after Gallup it was Ridley and Moore.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Bet you're one of those people who thinks all rapping is just making non-sensical rhymes about selling drugs, how much money they have, and degrading women lol
I pretty much fall in that category......just going by the little bit I've heard of while sitting at a red light while my ear drums and car windows racing to see which one are going to burst first.......usually it.s a $3,000.00 sound system in a $200.00 car.

jday

Reaction score
I think Kris Richard was given a much bigger role than just Secondary coach and passing game coordinator. Many small details seem to indicate they listened to him about defensive personnel moves already. He walked in and said Byron Jones was a CB and Woods is a FS. I'm not certain the previous secondary coaches had that authority. Richard was also in the War Room during the draft several times. There are others details based on comments by Broaddus and his minions.
I've been noticing the same things you have; particularly the fact that they had Richard talk to all the new defensive players, even the ones who won't be in his secondary group. I suspect Marinelli will look to retire after this year and for Richard this year will be a season long interview for Marinelli's job.

jday

Reaction score
Gallup has real potential. He reminds me of Anquan Bolden. Plays angry.

Hurns' 2019 base jumps up to $4M with another $1 M roster bonus and the team can save $5M in cap room by releasing him next off-season.
Williams has a contract that the team can move on from next off-season as well; creates approx. $2.25M (and no more guaranteed $). Beasley is in the last year of his contract. Same for Tavon Austin.

If the team is wrong about the WR group, they are in a position to do something about it next off-season. I just hate that it could be wasting Dak's third (of four) year of a cheap contract.

As far as TE, Swaim is in the last year of his deal. Gathers, Jarwin, and Schultz are all under Cowboys control for a few more years and are all extremely affordable. They should have plenty of cap room to upgrade if the current plan falls short.
I don't see this as a waste of a year for Dak at all. I think the front office collectively listened to what Dak wants and tried to find guys that can do it. You will notice on just about every receiver's resume that they acquired this offseason, strong route running is on it. And with the loss of Witten and Dez, Dak no longer has to worry about giving the veterans their requisite touches...he can just throw to the guy that's open like he said he did in 2016. For whatever reason, I think in 2017 they moved away from that because if you look at his target count, Witten and Dez collectively accounted for more than half of his attempts...and it is my opinion that might have been one of the many reasons why the wheels fell off for him...time will tell...:thumbup:

Dre11

Reaction score
Clarence Hill Jr
@clarencehilljr
·
2h
Cowboys DE Tyrone Crawford has spoken to the league the last couple of weeks asking for suspended DR Randy Gregory to be reinstated. He said it's best for Gregory to be around the team.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I pretty much fall in that category......just going by the little bit I've heard of while sitting at a red light while my ear drums and car windows racing to see which one are going to burst first.......usually it.s a $3,000.00 sound system in a $200.00 car.

Sure. There are definitely those kind of rappers. But there are many who rhyme about more substantial topics.

It would be the same as me saying all rock and roll music is just people screaming into a mic, over a guitar rift, with a little devil worshipping mixed in lol....which of course isn't true

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Sure. There are definitely those kind of rappers. But there are many who rhyme about more substantial topics.

It would be the same as me saying all rock and roll music is just people screaming into a mic, over a guitar rift, with a little devil worshipping mixed in lol....which of course isn't true
I definantely agree on some of the rock music also....heavy metal, etc.......just not my style, I guess due to age, so I stick to "classic rock" since that's what they call it now days....late 60's to mid seventies rock, Motown, Barry White.......Viet Nam era music.