Twitter: Cowboys tweets 5/9

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Lee is to the D that Romo was to the O. Losing Romo made our O take a step backwards. Losing Lee will be the same. It's crazy that our older players can contribute more to their respective groups than the actual coaches.

The mantra to "just have to play harder and execute" begs the question "execute WHAT exactly?". If only the HC wasn't so in love with his own voice and platitudes and paid more attention to his X's and O's.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Lee is to the D that Romo was to the O. Losing Romo made our O take a step backwards. Losing Lee will be the same. It's crazy that our older players can contribute more to their respective groups than the actual coaches.

The mantra to "just have to play harder and execute" begs the question "execute WHAT exactly?". If only the HC wasn't so in love with his own voice and platitudes and paid more attention to his X's and O's.

Romo said on the broadcast of the cowboys chiefs game last year Garrett is not a scheme coach, he is a motivator.

I honestly do not know what he does and if what Romo said got back to him that had to sting.

After watching all or nothing rich bisaccia seemed like much more of a motivator than Garrett.

I honestly have no idea what Garrett does for this organization other than keep the Jones’s comfortable and put a professional spin at his press conferences, essentially he is a much better speaker than anybody in the Jones family and he represents them well.

Romo saying that really is a big deal to me. Back in the offseason of 08-09 wade wanted Dan reeves to come in and help Garrett, it makes perfect sense now.

Jason Garrett has a very similar career to his old coach in NY Jim Fassell. The only difference is when fassell lost control of the team in 03 and they could t overcome a few injuries he got fired after his 4-12 season and the giants hired Tom Coughlin.

In Dallas Garrett had a similar season in 2015 which was his 6th as head coach going 4-12. I think gassed went 4-12 in his 7 th season.

The final two games the team was a joke. Instead of a house clearing we got ol continuity jones. This coach then Proceeded to turn his back on the guy who took all the bullets for him for years in Romo.

Garrett always associates himself with saban because he was with him for a year but he is basically just like fassel and especially after seeing all or nothing.

Both had a good year and then a bad year. Both were about the same age at this point of their career, they have almost identical records and postseason records. Fassel at least took advantage of having home field in 2000 and went to the super bowl.

Luckily for all of us though the good ol boy family likes having an intelligent spokesperson to speak for them so we are never getting our Tom coughlin.

Last edited:

waving monkey

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea what Garrett does for this organization other than keep the Jones’s comfortable and put a professional spin at his press conferences, essentially he is a much better speaker than anybody in the Jones family and he represents them well.
The fourteen hour days at the Star Garrett just sits in his chair?

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score

I noticed he likes to hear himself talk a lot too. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the same thing over and over. Did someone say "Fight" Let me tell you about it......

Reactions: BAT

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Dez definitely not the problem on that play.
Nope, not in those plays. We had several problems on offense last year. WRs, RB, OL, QB, the problem with pointing any of them out is too many people automatically jump to the conclusion that you are blaming the whole thing on one person or group of people. They all have to share the blame.

Reactions: BAT

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The fourteen hour days at the Star Garrett just sits in his chair?

Of course not. He is the walk around coach as Jerry declared in 14.

Clearly he runs meetings and is in charge of their schedule and everything they do.

At the end of the day though he is not responsible for the offense which was supposedly his reason for putting all this trust in him years ago and B he saddled himself with a bad defensive coordinator.

Garrett still the head coach here is probably not the best situation for Garrett or the cowboys. It’s been too long.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Of course not. He is the walk around coach as Jerry declared in 14.

Clearly he runs meetings and is in charge of their schedule and everything they do.

At the end of the day though he is not responsible for the offense which was supposedly his reason for putting all this trust in him years ago and B he saddled himself with a bad defensive coordinator.

Garrett still the head coach here is probably not the best situation for Garrett or the cowboys. It’s been too long.
You probably know more football then I theebs. But you just described a management coach. I would believe that the
Erhardt-Perkins system was a Garrett-Linehand decision. So he is reasonable for the offense but his coordinator teaches the
scheme and plays to the players. Thats a coordinators job. Luckily we had Nellie last year putting the defense together at the end of the year.

kumizi

Reaction score
What are your ceilings for 2018 for

Gallup?
Hurns?
Beasley?
And Twill?
None of them has a top 25 in the NFL in receiving yards ceiling in 2018. Hurns might make top 30-40.

Therefore, saying that group of WRs and TEs has “huge potential” is downright hilarious.

kumizi

Reaction score
So you bet that Gallup is unlikely to contribute this season. Barring injuries how much is that bet
You didn’t specify anything to bet on.

He won’t be top 50 in the NFL in receiving yards.

I guarantee you’re among the hordes of Cowboy fans that didn’t want to draft a WR in the first round because rookie WRs don’t produce. Now you’re arguing that a third round rookie is going to be a significant contributor.