Twitter: Cowboys tweets 5/9

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
None of them has a top 25 in the NFL in receiving yards ceiling in 2018. Hurns might make top 30-40.

Therefore, saying that group of WRs and TEs has “huge potential” is downright hilarious.

What are the yardage ceilings for each of them? What do you predict "top 25 in receiving yards" will be this year?

Allen Hurns was already top 25 in yardage in the NFL in 2015. So when someone says he doesnt have to potential to be top 25 despite him already doing it and only being 26 years old it's downright hilarious.

kumizi

Reaction score
What are the yardage ceilings for each of them? What do you predict "top 25 in receiving yards" will be this year?

Allen Hurns was already top 25 in yardage in the NFL in 2015. So when someone says he doesnt have to potential to be top 25 despite him already doing it and only being 26 years old it's downright hilarious.
And Dez was a top 10 WR back then too. irrelevant today

Why don’t u tell me how many yards you think each will have? I’m not wasting my time on you.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You didn’t specify anything to bet on.

He won’t be top 50 in the NFL in receiving yards.

I guarantee you’re among the hordes of Cowboy fans that didn’t want to draft a WR in the first round because rookie WRs don’t produce. Now you’re arguing that a third round rookie is going to be a significant contributor.

You dont have to be top 50 in receiving yards to "contribute". Just a silly statement all together.

Top 50 would have required 700 yards last season. If Gallup were to hit even 500 yards that is easily "contributing".

Did Amari Cooper not "contribute" for the Raiders last year? What about Leveon Bell in the passing game? What about Sammy Watkins? Devante Parker? Desean Jackson?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And Dez was a top 10 WR back then too. irrelevant today

Why don’t u tell me how many yards you think each will have? I’m not wasting my time on you.

No he wasnt. He was injured all season long.

Two seasons ago with a 26 year old is "irrelevant"? Lmao. Especially considering he improves from Bortles to Dak.

It'll depend on William's situation(if he gets cut, start year on PUP, starts), but if he's out of the situation I see one of Hurns or Gallup getting 750 yards. Possibly both.

kumizi

Reaction score
You dont have to be top 50 in receiving yards to "contribute". Just a silly statement all together.

Top 50 would have required 700 yards last season. If Gallup were to hit even 500 yards that is easily "contributing".

Did Amari Cooper not "contribute" for the Raiders last year? What about Leveon Bell in the passing game? What about Sammy Watkins? Devante Parker? Desean Jackson?
I didn’t say he wouldn’t contribute.

I said a rookie 3rd round WR is unlikely to contribute MUCH.

There were 26 WRs drafted in the top 200 picks of the 2017 NFL draft. 2 of them made significant contributions their rookie year. Juju and Cooper Kupp.

The discussion was if this WR and TE group has “huge potential.”

I like Gallup just fine as a 3rd round pick but I don’t think anyone in the league thinks Hurns, Gallup, TWill, Beasley, Jarwin, Swaim, Schultz has huge potential.

kumizi

Reaction score
No he wasnt. He was injured all season long.

Two seasons ago with a 26 year old is "irrelevant"? Lmao. Especially considering he improves from Bortles to Dak.

It'll depend on William's situation(if he gets cut, start year on PUP, starts), but if he's out of the situation I see one of Hurns or Gallup getting 750 yards. Possibly both.
Hurns might get around 750, which would put him 30-40 in the league like I said.

I would wager a significant sum Gallup won’t.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Hurns might get around 750, which would put him 30-40 in the league like I said.

I would wager a significant sum Gallup won’t.

Hey I'll give you kudos for giving your prediction and using some factual information.

There's a chance that Gallup is thrust into the starting line up, with the use of more 11 and 10 personell, and the departure of Dez which would heighten his chances. Zay Jones was the rookie with the most snaps last year at 49.6 snaps per game. Of the 11 WRs drafted in the top 100 Davis, Williams, Ross Henderson, ans Golladay all missed significant time making it near impossible to be among the tops in receiving. And only one of the 11 started more than 7 games(Jones again). So I wouldn't use last year for any argument for against this years WR crop. It was a historically unproductive group of rookies.

Dez Bryant is vacating 54 snaps a game, if Gallup were able to take over that spot he could easily contribute a substantial amount this year.

There's a ton of oppurtunity to hit the 750 yard threshold. Just depends on how the snaps are split up.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
All I know is people with Jim Morrison avs have no room to talk when it comes to quality of music.

I mean...come on man. You had nothing else so you had to go after his user pic??? So, Mr. Music, what is your taste in music? Assuming you're a fan of Jay-Z & Rhianna? Maybe Taylor Swift?

Anyone who sings 'Backdoor Man' gets a :thumbup: in my book!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You probably know more football then I theebs. But you just described a management coach. I would believe that the
Erhardt-Perkins system was a Garrett-Linehand decision. So he is reasonable for the offense but his coordinator teaches the
scheme and plays to the players. Thats a coordinators job. Luckily we had Nellie last year putting the defense together at the end of the year.

we are all fans and all know the same.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

I guarantee you’re among the hordes of Cowboy fans that didn’t want to draft a WR in the first round because rookie WRs don’t produce. Now you’re arguing that a third round rookie is going to be a significant contributor.
:huh: I'm not entirely following the front loaded point of yer' 'guarantee' Kumizi ,,,*hurdling over the presumptuous Magic 8-Ball statement of where he will or will not place in receiving yards*,,,concercerning the "HORDES" merited argument in not seeing the need of over drafting a WR by taking one in the first Rd as compared to scooping up a ROOKIE of comparable or of equal capabilities in the 3rd,,,o_O

dallasdave

Reaction score
:huh: I'm not entirely following the front loaded point of yer' 'guarantee' Kumizi ,,,*hurdling over the presumptuous Magic 8-Ball statement of where he will or will not place in receiving yards*,,,concercerning the "HORDES" merited argument in not seeing the need of over drafting a WR by taking one in the first Rd as compared to scooping up a ROOKIE of comparable or of equal capabilities in the 3rd,,,o_O
Well said Sir :bow::bow::bow:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Now you changing it. You said he wouldn't contribute now you want to say significant contributor. Stop paying attention to what round someone is drafted, players from every round break out every year.

That being said I bet whatever you want that Gallup has a better season then Beasley had this past season...... Barring injuries of course

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So talking is music? If I put a backbeat to Hitler talking, is that considered music? As for Morrison, come back to me when you write a song w lyrics like Break On Thru or The End, then you can talk music.

Rap flow has rhythm to it and is often melodic. Comparing it to Hitler is hyperbolic trash.

And if you are going to insist on the melodic component than percussion is not music either.

And Morrison used to read his poetry to music.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Rap flow has rhythm to it and is often melodic. Comparing it to Hitler is hyperbolic trash.

And if you are going to insist on the melodic component than percussion is not music either.

And Morrison used to read his poetry to music.

Talking is talking. Hitler's speeches one could say had flow and rhythm to it (so whoopie do). And Morrison's poetry was just that, poetry. The music was added years later. My point is that if talking is now considered talent (Beasley), then that is just lazy interpretation on what defines talent. I'm not going to comment on this anymore.