Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 6/12

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
While I had hoped Irving would participate more, I'll settle for the fact that he's there working.

They are going to have them do the technique work the other guys were doing in OTA's is my guess. Don't just throw them into the compete stuff is probably wise.

The newer cautious approach in athletics is leading to longer more productive careers.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Interesting, fans are upset with David Irving not showing up to work, other fans go nuts and make one excuse after another for the guy.

Sean Lee says Irving needs to come to work, nobody says a thing.
Ive been in multiple arguments regarding Mr. Irving. Now Sean Lee echoes my statements and all of those arguments are won simultaneously. As if I could love Sean Lee any more

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ive been in multiple arguments regarding Mr. Irving. Now Sean Lee echoes my statements and all of those arguments are won simultaneously. As if I could love Sean Lee any more

There are apologists all over the place, who somehow think that because he got custody (which half don't seem to know already happened and isn't ongoing), it's an excuse not to work out or show up for work.

It isn't.

And the team's defensive leader and de facto coach has called him out publicly on it. In as PC of a way as he could.

Note the phrase "shared sacrifice" that Lee used as well.

He's pissed, as he should be.

phildadon86

Reaction score
There are apologists all over the place, who somehow think that because he got custody (which half don't seem to know already happened and isn't ongoing), it's an excuse not to work out or show up for work.

It isn't.

And the team's defensive leader and de facto coach has called him out publicly on it. In as PC of a way as he could.

Note the phrase "shared sacrifice" that Lee used as well.

He's pissed, as he should be.
Yet I kept hearing. "Hes dealing with personal stuff" bla bla bla. So am I. I need to go to work. I have said it repeatedly. I know women who have 2-3 jobs fighting for custody. They cant miss a second of work. Why is he special?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet I kept hearing. "Hes dealing with personal stuff" bla bla bla. So am I. I need to go to work. I have said it repeatedly. I know women who have 2-3 jobs fighting for custody. They cant miss a second of work. Why is he special?

Again, he had 6 months since the Cowboys season ended you deal with anything and everything he had to. Nobody with a real job gets anywhere close to that amount of time off. Nobody.

And he was granted custody of his daughter in the middle of May (around the 14th, 15th). That was resolved.

The fact is that there's no reason he couldn't have stayed in shape at the least, or showed up for 3 days of work.

None.

Reaction score
From the article:

"According to the source briefed on the application, Gregory’s representatives provided the NFL with “five to six boxes” of information and letters from counselors and others who have supported Gregory’s effort – most notably, six straight months of daily drug tests Gregory has passed dating back to December 2017. "

Interesting. He's been out almost 2 years. Why does he not have the drug tests from before last December? Was he not clean before then?

Probably not.

Would not surprise me if Goodell wants another 6 months of clean tests before reinstating him like he did with Josh Gordon.

But even if he joins the team in training camp, he's a 4th stringer given that he hasn't been on a football field in forever. Like the article says, even the rookies are ahead of him at this point.