Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 7/23

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

I have to admit, it looks like Allen Hurns is taking to assuming a leadership role on this team.

Not sure he is qualified, but when you look around, he is as close to a veteran that is on this roster any more.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I'm hopeful about the Olawale signing. It seems a departure from our plodding run game, to a greater commitment to the skill players all being some reasonable offensive threat. Olawale is the run/catch/block threat. That's a great combo. I've wanted another run threat on the field with Zeke. Now we've got Olawale and Tavon.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have to admit, it looks like Allen Hurns is taking to assuming a leadership role on this team.

Not sure he is qualified, but when you look around, he is as close to a veteran that is on this roster any more.

Hurns is our #1. Best rated by PFF, and paid the most money.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If true, that says an awful lot to me. For starters, the genie is out of the bottle and the Seahawks can't put it back in. They won't pay Thomas, but he knows the Cowboys will. That's not getting fixed on their end. And two, if the money isn't an issue, it's only a matter of time until a deal between the teams gets done.

And if they know they can't pay him at the end of the day, Jerry knows time is on his side and they will have to blink eventually. All the talk of Seatle wanting more than a #1 was a pipe dream from day one.

RoboQB

Reaction score
watched the Jags vs Pats game and Hurns had a decent game but could have had a much better one if Bortles was throwing the ball on time
he was getting separation vs Butler & Gilmore from what i remember

If he stays healthy, Hurns will surprise a lot of fans this year.
He's a perfect fit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if they know they can't pay him at the end of the day, Jerry knows time is on his side and they will have to blink eventually. All the talk of Seatle wanting more than a #1 was a pipe dream from day one.

From what I've seen of their cap situation, they certainly can afford to give him an extension, but it appears that they simply don't want to do it. Everyone knows that they're in a rebuilding phase but they won't publicly admit it. Got to keep the money-paying fans "fooled" I guess.

If Dallas is as interested and as OK with giving him the extension as this source says, I'd ramp up the pressure and let some further details "leak".