Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 7/23

jrumann59

Reaction score
From what I've seen of their cap situation, they certainly can afford to give him an extension, but it appears that they simply don't want to do it. Everyone knows that they're in a rebuilding phase but they won't publicly admit it. Got to keep the money-paying fans "fooled" I guess.

If Dallas is as interested and as OK with giving him the extension as this source says, I'd ramp up the pressure and let some further details "leak".
Exactly. If teams are honest about rebuilding you should off load older talent that is expensive. Not extend and get a net gain of zero or worse on the ROI. Keeping a guy like ET on rebuilt defense at 10+ million will just make fans even more mad IF the LOB replacements are sub par and ET looks a super star.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. If teams are honest about rebuilding you should off load older talent that is expensive. Not extend and get a net gain of zero or worse on the ROI. Keeping a guy like ET on rebuilt defense at 10+ million will just make fans even more mad IF the LOB replacements are sub par and ET looks a super star.

I think "honest" is an excellent choice of words, because I don't think the Seahawks have been honest about much of anything. I think they've repeatedly and publicly lied about one thing after another. And I think their players have not only seen it, but have called them out on it. I think it all started to unravel on that Super Bowl losing pass play that they called several years back.

But I've seen enough comments from both current and former players to know that there are plenty of them who take issue with how things are being run. And I don't think they've been honest at all regarding this Earl Thomas situation, since well before he talked to Jason Garrett.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
M88 tracked recovery vehicle

Our mechanics used those to recover our broke *** Bradleys

Half the time we recovered our own Bradleys by pulling prop shafts and towing behind a running Brad to take back to the motor pool. Ah, fun times
Yep, I saw one towing two Bradley's at once before. One of the tow bars broke and the Bradley's crashed in to the 88.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yep, I saw one towing two Bradley's at once before. One of the tow bars broke and the Bradley's crashed in to the 88.
Whoa! Wait!! You saw an 88 pullling TWO Brads?? Never saw that, coming from 11M, Rack :)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Not Cowboys related, but it relates to Gregory. Some believe Randy won't contribute that much this season since he's been out of the league. Dion Jordan was a highly skilled edge rusher who was suspended for almost three years straight for weed.

Dion signed with the Seahawks late in the season and above is a clip of his contributions in just 5 games.

Gregory played at the end of the 2016 season so has significantly less rust than Jordan. Talent trumps out.