Twitter: Cowboys tweets 8/19

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
There is some truth in here. Other teams find ways to use pass catching/non blocking TEs to their benefit.

Yeah, I'm kinda tired of the notion that every Cowboys TE has to be a glorified tackle or he can't play.

It's 2018. Situational football abounds. An athletic TE who can catch should not be considered a problem.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm kinda tired of the notion that every Cowboys TE has to be a glorified tackle or he can't play.

It's 2018. Situational football abounds. An athletic TE who can catch should not be considered a problem.

Agreed.

But in fairness, our offense is built and run like it's 1980.............

Which is why I am not sure I buy the hype that we are going to be able to be the team that turns on the light switch for Tavon Austin.

Satchel89

Reaction score

I've been saying it forever...There's nothing wrong with keeping a Tight End who's a great receiver that can't block.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
It is funny that people run around and downplay Gathers saying he can't block, but no one wants to mention that board favorite, Blake Jarwin, sucks at it too.

Jarwin is the board favorite? Our TE's are definitely a sad bunch.

I'm fine carrying four of them until we can sort this out.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think Rico will have a good career with coaches who know how to use than one who has a narrow minded thought that if you cant block than you cant play,there are HOF TEs out there who were mediocre in the blocking department.best of luck to Rico and hope he makes Garrett looks bad on another team.