Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/2

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • Yesterday, I noted that Brian Price had given Travis Frederick fits in one-on-one pass rush drills. This trend continued today; on multiple occasions, Price beat Fredbeard— a man who surrendered exactly zero sacks in 2017 — with quickness and surprising power. One of the positions the Cowboys most desperately need a miracle to happen is at the one-technique defensive tackle. Price’s early performance gives us some hope that this miracle might occur.
Oh yeah baby. The Price is Right

s6j0c0W.gif

Dre11

Reaction score
This is confirmation of exactly what I had suspected. Nothing public of course, but a clear indication of a torch being passed.

Richards may be first in line, but I don't see it as a torch being passed considering this is the defense Rod has been trying to run since he's been here. He now have someone here to help.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This isn't new.
Rod wasn't really the DC last year either.
Rod honestly wants to coach DL and that's his preference.
He's one of the very best at it and should be able to do it until he is 90 if he desires.
They offered to give up the title last year and the guy didn't want it, so now Richard comes in and is understood to be the DC and likely head coach in waiting.

817Gill

Reaction score
Anyone heard much on X Woods? I haven’t heard good or bad since TC
Broaddus and the boys were saying the safeties were hard to evaluate until they can actually hit be-it games or the blue-white scrimmage. Woods, Heath, and Frazier all play the position with physicality and their impact is mitigated when that's not allowed.

Etc. A pass could have been incomplete if Woods got the chance to hit the receiver, but since he can't he is forced to allow a completion.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Broaddus and the boys were saying the safeties were hard to evaluate until they can actually hit be-it games or the blue-white scrimmage. Woods, Heath, and Frazier all play the position with physicality and their impact is mitigated when that's not allowed.

Etc. A pass could have been incomplete if Woods got the chance to hit the receiver, but since he can't he is forced to allow a completion.
Makes sense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richards may be first in line, but I don't see it as a torch being passed considering this is the defense Rod has been trying to run since he's been here. He now have someone here to help.

Fair enough. We disagree on this one. I think Marinelli has ceded control to give more focus to what he truly loves and is best at - coaching the defensive line.

reddyuta

Reaction score
This isn't new.
He's one of the very best at it and should be able to do it until he is 90 if he desires.
They offered to give up the title last year and the guy didn't want it, so now Richard comes in and is understood to be the DC and likely head coach in waiting.

go is going to calls plays this season?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This isn't new.
Why not just make the change!!! No cajones in the FO?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Fair enough. We disagree on this one. I think Marinelli has ceded control to give more focus to what he truly loves and is best at - coaching the defensive line.
Forgone conclusion. The only way he isn't the next DC is if Garrett gets fired this year.
No need to get into peeps trying to muddy the water.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not just make the change!!! No cajones in the FO?

I prefer to think of it as a classy transition of power, rather than anyone winning or losing. I think it's noble to see a coach working with his eventual successor and passing the torch rather than someone's trying to "keep what's mine!"

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I prefer to think of it as a classy transition of power, rather than anyone winning or losing. I think it's noble to see a coach working with his eventual successor and passing the torch rather than someone's trying to "keep what's mine!"
So should we bring in Urban Meyer as a QC coach?? Lol!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Yet another DE. I guess another DT is just unnecessary at this point with all this talent we have.