Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/2

Reaction score
This may be a good idea.

I just wish we didn't have coaches who just look around the league and trying to copy what they like. I wish we had coaches who innovate and create rather than copy others.

The problem was we were saddled with Dez and Witten who never came off the field and were limited in their route trees and abilities.

mmohican29

Reaction score

So does that mean it was on the QB....Dez's lack of production?

No, it means that Tony doesn't want to acknowledge publicly that 8 or 9 balls clanged off of Dez's hands and 3 or so of those went the other way.

Or: it could mean that Tony doesn't want/ or need to set Dez off on another childish Twitter rant against him this time.

TO, Crayton, Bennett and Ogletree have already sounded off on Romo's ability in the past forgetting that he probably kept a few of those guys relevant at all.

I think Tony just knows better to say anything different. Smart dude.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

No, it means that Tony doesn't want to acknowledge publicly that 8 or 9 balls clanged off of Dez's hands and 3 or so of those went the other way.

Or: it could mean that Tony doesn't want/ or need to set Dez off on another childish Twitter rant against him this time.

TO, Crayton, Bennett and Ogletree have already sounded off on Romo's ability in the past forgetting that he probably kept a few of those guys relevant at all.

When you don't want to disparage a guy you can do that without praising him.

Also Romo has rocketed to the top of color commentary leaderboards based on his film study and insight. No reason to throw away his credibility. He specifically sites his film study.

But nice try.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
If Dez's skills havnt declined then why is he not on a team....Seems every NFL gm does agree on Dez or he would have a team

LittleD

Reaction score
  • Yesterday, I noted that Brian Price had given Travis Frederick fits in one-on-one pass rush drills. This trend continued today; on multiple occasions, Price beat Fredbeard— a man who surrendered exactly zero sacks in 2017 — with quickness and surprising power. One of the positions the Cowboys most desperately need a miracle to happen is at the one-technique defensive tackle. Price’s early performance gives us some hope that this miracle might occur.
Oh yeah baby. The Price is Right

Before Price got hurt last year, he was doing the same things and was successful. We have found at least one starting DT and when Collins comes back we will have two. What's to worry about?

4lifecowboy

Reaction score

Or it could mean Dez's skills hasn't declined, and Dak skillset wasn't a match.