Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/2

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yet 31 other teams haven’t signed Dez yet. Despite having professional scouting departments whose full time job is to evaluate free agents

If Dez was still as good as he was in 2014, he would have been signed in 2 days after being cut.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Yet 31 other teams haven’t signed Dez yet. Despite having professional scouting departments whose full time job is to evaluate free agents

If Dez was still as good as he was in 2014, he would have been signed in 2 days after being cut.
Well your name likely means you're objective.

We know at least two things to be true. Dez has turned down at least one offer that came immediately after he was released. We also know Dez is better than a sognificasi chunk of WRs in camp right now.

If it was just about talent Des would be in a camp right now. It's never just about talent.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well your name likely means you're objective.

We know at least two things to be true. Dez has turned down at least one offer that came immediately after he was released. We also know Dez is better than a sognificasi chunk of WRs in camp right now.

If it was just about talent Des would be in a camp right now. It's never just about talent.

My username has nothing to do with my ability to be objective about Dez.

I’m not anti Dez and I didn’t want Dez to be cut.

Newsflash: Romo isn’t necessarily objective when it comes to Dez or his ability to play with Dez vs. Dak. Now is he? As a matter of fact, there are more reasons to question Romo’s objectivity on the subject, then there are mine over a silly username on a website. Admittedly, Romo knows far more about football than I or anyone else on this site does either.

It’s clear Dez isn’t the same level of player that he was in 2014. If he was the cowboys wouldn’t have cut him. You’re right it’s more than about talent though. Because if it was just about talent and Dez didn’t have any off the field concerns, he would have never been cut either. If Dez was just a keep your mouth shut, and do your job guy who doesn’t make waves, he never would have been released.

I understand he has one offer (out of 31 possible teams). But don’t kid yourself. If he was still playing a team his 2014 level. He would have been signed by now, because despite his off the field issues, which aren’t that severe) plenty of teams would have wanted him.

That’s not me hating on Dez. I still think he’s a good player. He just isn’t top in the league anymore, like he used to be.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
My username has nothing to do with my ability to be objective about Dez.

I’m not anti Dez and I didn’t want Dez to be cut.

Newsflash: Romo isn’t necessarily objective when it comes to Dez or his ability to play with Dez vs. Dak. Now is he? As a matter of fact, there are more reasons to question Romo’s objectivity on the subject, then there are mine over a silly username on a website. Admittedly, Romo knows far more about football than I or anyone else on this site does either.

It’s clear Dez isn’t the same level of player that he was in 2014. If he was the cowboys wouldn’t have cut him. You’re right it’s more than about talent though. Because if it was just about talent and Dez didn’t have any off the field concerns, he would have never been cut either. If Dez was just a keep your mouth shut, and do your job guy who doesn’t make waves, he never would have been released.

I understand he has one offer (out of 31 possible teams). But don’t kid yourself. If he was still playing a team his 2014 level. He would have been signed by now, because despite his off the field issues, which aren’t that severe) plenty of teams would have wanted him.

That’s not me hating on Dez. I still think he’s a good player. He just isn’t top in the league anymore, like he used to be.
You're comparing your objectivity and ability to judge these things to Romo's.

And i'm done.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You're comparing your objectivity and ability to judge these things to Romo's.

And i'm done.

I’m saying I have no reason to be any less objective than Romo does.

Unless of course you don’t think there is any bias involved when the two guys played together for 7 years and were likely friends.

I also admitted in my post that obviously Romo is more knowledgeable about football than any of us. But you were either too block headed to pay attention to that, or too stupid to understand the point.

But hey, feel free to go ahead and foolishly assume I’m biased because of a username that doesn’t even have anything to do with Dez.

T-RO

Reaction score
....and likely head coach in waiting.

That is presumptuous. It’s been stated no-where, except as a wish by some.

If the team doesn’t succeed this year I believe Garrett will be gone, but the team would certainly look at outside candidates as well as Richard.

If Garrett’s gone then Richard is likely the only big name that stays and he would be the lead for any in-house promotion.

Last edited:

mmohican29

Reaction score
When you don't want to disparage a guy you can do that without praising him.

Also Romo has rocketed to the top of color commentary leaderboards based on his film study and insight. No reason to throw away his credibility. He specifically sites his film study.

But nice try.

I love Tony, but let's not act like he had churchbells in those aquagreens his entire career- ESPECIALLY when dealing with players on their way out of Dallas.

I never questioned his credibility, I praised his intelligence for not engaging some of these childish social media addicts, or players wanting to pop-shot former teammates.

He should praise Dez, they worked well together and are friends. He's giving a former teammate a pass because he thinks he will bounce back and do I to be truthful.

But to act like he didn't see what everybody else did in his play last year... that's a stretch- sir- to not acknowledge a drop off in performance.

Last edited: