Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/26

slick325

Reaction score

I couldn't agree with him more. College football coaches have been featuring one back more than the committee of years past. That trend has led the NFL to follow suit hence why Gurley, Zeke and Barkley have gone high and the kid from Clemson will too. Value is back in the position. I can't fault the teams for trying to continue the stance that anyone can run the football but that isn't the case at the moment. Pay the kid top bucks cuz he deserves it, and let's get this season rollin'!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
This is a players vote, not ESPN...our QB who wants 40 million a year, wasnt voted in the top 100 by his peers...

Did you even read the article? It wasn't a peer poll... It was a bunch of ESPN talking heads... Direct quote from the article...

"We asked a panel of more than 40 ESPN NFL experts to rate players based on how good they will be in the 2019 season in comparison to their peers."

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What absurd rationale.

Barry Sanders over Rodney Peete and Scott Mitchell, the guys who ran the entire offense? Get real.

So who COMPLETED 71.6% of his passes the remaining season once Cooper was in the lineup? It wasn't Rush. Rationale that.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Did you even read the article? It wasn't a peer poll... It was a bunch of ESPN talking heads... Direct quote from the article...

"We asked a panel of more than 40 ESPN NFL experts to rate players based on how good they will be in the 2019 season in comparison to their peers."

I was mistaken that the NFL top 100 was what was being referred to, but if he wasnt in there, I didnt expect him in this.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He didn't make the top 100 on the NFL network one either. That one was voted on solely by the players. Might be the cause of the confusion. That one has 8 Cowboys on it.

http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

"NFL Network brings you the Top 100 Players of 2019 voted on by the players themselves."

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So who COMPLETED 71.6% of his passes the remaining season once Cooper was in the lineup? It wasn't Rush. Rationale that.

Tells me that Cooper should get the credit. He was the only difference in the offense. Maybe he is more important. Rationale that.

Maybe that is why Cooper made the top 100 voted on by the players and Dak did not.

Last edited:

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Taco? Really? I think you are delusional.

Probably. I don’t know what I’m talking about, but I have this hunch Jelks will have a better NFL career than Taco. I did coach Little League baseball, so I’ve got that going for me.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Tells me that Cooper should get the credit. He was the only difference in the offense. Rationale that.

Yup, Cooper was awesome, not denying it. But 71.6% is throwing to Cooper, Gallup, Beasley, Elliott (77 catches), Jarwin (later in the season he clicked with Dak), Hurns.

Aikman had Emmitt. But threw to Irvin, Harper, Williams, Novacek, etc. So are we gonna fault Aikman for having Irvin?

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
If there is one concern I have for the defense, it'd be the run defense.

We were gashed in our last game....big time. We've been good against the run this preseason, but it seems like we're gashed in the middle at least twice a game.

Hopefully, this doesn't turn into a trend. We've done a great job of filling the defense with some speed. I just worry about the strength in the middle some. Barkley had a pretty good game in the season finale....then we layed an egg two weeks later vs the Rams.
The Rams stole our signals. That's how they knew how to block our DL. If signals are fixed, we good.