Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/26

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I got a good laugh out of this one

:laugh:

Man he hates Dak. He was hating on Dak during his rookie year. He wanted Tony to start eventhough we were 11-1. I wonder if he is a poster on Cowboys Zone. Pappy Dog, Rison, Willy Beamon, ect..... Is that you?

birdwells1

Reaction score
If there is one concern I have for the defense, it'd be the run defense.

We were gashed in our last game....big time. We've been good against the run this preseason, but it seems like we're gashed in the middle at least twice a game.

Hopefully, this doesn't turn into a trend. We've done a great job of filling the defense with some speed. I just worry about the strength in the middle some. Barkley had a pretty good game in the season finale....then we layed an egg two weeks later vs the Rams.

You're getting caught up in the moment, our run defense was pretty good last year. The Rams had tells on the defensive lines, hopefully they got that fixed.

Bizwah

Reaction score
You're getting caught up in the moment, our run defense was pretty good last year. The Rams had tells on the defensive lines, hopefully they got that fixed.
Maybe.

But two of our last three games really saw us give up some major yardage. We gave up four 100 yard rushers the last five games. Granted, the Rams had two of them. But Marlon Mack and Barkley both had some good games against us.

I think it bears watching.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He's saying all the right things.

So just go ahead and sign the deal in front of you. Ignore your agent and the other bad advice you have been getting and do the right thing.
You know your asking for a lot.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Maybe.

But two of our last three games really saw us give up some major yardage. We gave up four 100 yard rushers the last five games. Granted, the Rams had two of them. But Marlon Mack and Barkley both had some good games against us.

I think it bears watching.

Barkley had 107 yards total on 17 Carries of those 2 of the Carries accounted for 94 yards the other 15 he garnered 13 yards.

Marlon Mack had a good game but it was a trap game. We had just beat our division rival at home then went to play an AFC team on the road. That the same situation we were in the year before when we played Denver and you know what happened there. The whole team sucked, remember we got shutout.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Barkley had 107 yards total on 17 Carries of those 2 of the Carries accounted for 94 yards the other 15 he garnered 13 yards.

Marlon Mack had a good game but it was a trap game. We had just beat our division rival at home then went to play an AFC team on the road. That the same situation we were in the year before when we played Denver and you know what happened there. The whole team sucked, remember we got shutout.
I've never been one to take away runs. That's all a part of it.

Most of the year we were great against the run. Seattle got us the first game. A Peterson had 99 yards on us. But for the most part, we were very good. We shut down Seattle's run game in the playoffs.

But it's something to keep an eye on. Was the end of last year an anomaly.....or, was it a trend? We've seen some very good things from our defense. At times this PS, they've been dominating. But don't be so quick to write off the Giants and their run game.

They'll be tougher than we think.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brutal. That’s amazing to see spelled out like that. I have trouble believing it’s chance.

It's not chance. Though it may be the fact that we play a lot of high-profile games that are more likely to be scrutinized has the refs throwing fewer flags in general. It'd be interesting to see our flags-against numbers to see if we benefit from the same let-em-play attitude our opponents get or not.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I've never been one to take away runs. That's all a part of it.

Most of the year we were great against the run. Seattle got us the first game. A Peterson had 99 yards on us. But for the most part, we were very good. We shut down Seattle's run game in the playoffs.

But it's something to keep an eye on. Was the end of last year an anomaly.....or, was it a trend? We've seen some very good things from our defense. At times this PS, they've been dominating. But don't be so quick to write off the Giants and their run game.

They'll be tougher than we think.

With the giants I dont fear their passing game so we should be ok because we can concentrate on the run.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
He didn't make the top 100 on the NFL network one either. That one was voted on solely by the players. Might be the cause of the confusion. That one has 8 Cowboys on it.

http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

"NFL Network brings you the Top 100 Players of 2019 voted on by the players themselves."

Maybe, but that wasn't the one that was referred to, to make the case that he shouldn't get paid.