Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/28

Common Sense

Reaction score
LOL The funny thing about these stats is that in the first instance 3 of those touchdowns were by Randle in the first game. He was then suspended and we got 4 more the rest of the year? Yeah we dont need Zeke at all.

I didn't realize Joseph Randle was the only other RB in the NFL.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Dak has 4 straight wins in games without Zeke.

Dallas scored 30+ points in 3 of those 4 games.

I know, I know, facts don’t matter when it comes to ripping Dak. Because “eye testz!” or something. My bad.
Apology accepted.

The 2018 NYGs week 17? The Carr touchback by Heath? I know we love to casually look past the blow out losses where we didnt even put up 10 points, Dak didnt throw 1 touchdown, and couldn't hit 200 yards. Maybe even hard to gloat about the Skins game we won where he had literally 100 yards.

But hey, lets see if the Jones have faith behind closed doors. They wont need to pay Dak if they think the "win streak" without Elliott can continue right?

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Gil Brandt giving Dak an endorsement. Anyone here want to claim they are more knowledgeable about football players than him? @WillieBeamen Ill wait.
Gil Brandt also said Daniel Jones reminds him of Peyton Manning and the Eagles have the most talented team in the NFL. So we are in trouble, or that doesnt count?

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Gil Brandt also said Daniel Jones reminds him of Peyton Man and the Eagles have the most talented team in the NFL. So we are in trouble, or that doesnt count?

I hope Daniel Jones isn’t the next Peyton Manning. That would suck irregardless of what anybody thinks about Dak.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Gil Brandt also said Daniel Jones reminds him of Peyton Man and the Eagles have the most talented team in the NFL. So we are in trouble, or that doesnt count?
Reminding someone of someone doesnt mean they will be them lol. And the Eagles roster is really scary especially on the DL. Man isnt wrong. I am more excited about his views on Pollard. And Dak. And the prospect of you actually not having anything to say if Dak has a killer year. Im sure you will find something though. Just like people found reasons to hate on Dez even though he was the touchdown leader. People just get this resounding hatred for players they cant seem to shake. Mine was Corey Procter. I hated that man. Every time I saw Romo go down, I saw Procter sitting there staring into space lol.

Nav22

Reaction score
Apology accepted.

The 2018 NYGs week 17? The Carr touchback by Heath? I know we love to casually look past the blow out losses where we didnt even put up 10 points, Dak didnt throw 1 touchdown, and couldn't hit 200 yards. Maybe even hard to gloat about the Skins game we won where he had literally 100 yards.

But hey, lets see if the Jones have faith behind closed doors. They wont need to pay Dak if they think the "win streak" without Elliott can continue right?
By that same line of thinking, let’s re-write history and give Dak (and all other QBs in NFL history) wins for games in which they had a 95+ QB rating and still lost.

If a win doesn’t REALLY count as a win when the QB doesn’t play well overall, then I guess a loss doesn’t REALLY count as a loss when the QB puts up numbers.

4 straight wins is 4 straight wins.
32-16 is 32-16.

Mediocre QBs don’t win squat in this league unless they have a TREMENDOUS defense helping them. Dak hasn’t had that for the strong majority of his career, yet he’s mostly won anyways.

Stripping him of credit for that just because they have a great RB is foolish. Should we downgrade Troy Aikman too? Wasn’t Troy pretty crappy overall in games without Emmitt?

(To clarify: this doesn’t mean I don’t think we’re a more dangerous team with Zeke. He’s a stud. But the QB matters a ton too, and is still the most important position on the field by a mile.)

Last edited:

Texas_Pete

Reaction score

I got chills reading that. Win, lose, or draw: I want Kris as our next Head Coach.

He created the Legion of Boom in Seattle. The Cowboys defense took a leap last year. Simply put, he's a leader of men. I believe his presence is the reason Red is a lame duck coach. Wouldn't surprise me if Kris is in charge next season.

slick325

Reaction score
It's also withing a team's "rights" to fine the player for withholding services. Maybe it's time they start exercising their rights as well?

Totally up to them...but it will likely get waived once they get a deal done. So...why do it in the 1st place Stash?

slick325

Reaction score
Yes, actually. All guaranteed portions of the money was paid. And in letting him go they aided by league rules on settlements.

Technically the deal was for two years so although what you stated did occur, the team released him with a year left on the binding agreement both parties signed.

The CBA allows that just like it allows a player to holdout and a team to fine that player for doing so.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally up to them...but it will likely get waived once they get a deal done. So...why do it in the 1st place Stash?

Leverage.

I heard onthe radio today that the fines will add up to $1 million. Add that to game checks missed if he holds out into the season, and if Elliott didn't report until week 10 to get his year of credit, he'd play six games and risk injury for less than $1 million.

That sounds pretty stupid to me.

slick325

Reaction score
Leverage.

I heard onthe radio today that the fines will add up to $1 million. Add that to game checks missed if he holds out into the season, and if Elliott didn't report until week 10 to get his year of credit, he'd play six games and risk injury for less than $1 million.

That sounds pretty stupid to me.

The teams rarely if ever collect on the fines. Doesn't make for a comfortable work environment especially when you sign that player long term or intend to do so.

There won't be any fines collected by Dallas and both sides know it. So there is no leverage therethere Stash. But...I get what you are saying in theory. Just rarely happens in the practical business of NFL football.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The teams rarely if ever collect on the fines. Doesn't make for a comfortable work environment especially when you sign that player long term or intend to do so.

Ask the Seahawks about that. They have and do collect that money. They're often waived if everything gets resolved, but if not, they're certainly leverage for the team.

There won't be any fines collected by Dallas and both sides know it. So there is no leverage therethere Stash. But...I get what you are saying in theory. Just rarely happens in the practical business of NFL football.

Again, check on the Seahawks. Teams can and do collect.

I think the only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain.

slick325

Reaction score
Ask the Seahawks about that. They have and do collect that money. They're often waived if everything gets resolved, but if not, they're certainly leverage for the team.

Again, check on the Seahawks. Teams can and do collect.

I think the only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain.

Dallas won't. They want Elliott long term. Let's bookmark this please once the deal gets done. That way the two of us can see who was correct Stash.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas won't. They want Elliott long term. Let's bookmark this please once the deal gets done. That way the two of us can see who was correct Stash.

Ok. For the record, I think that the two sides will ultimately make a deal. Neither side has a viable alternative.

My point is that the team has every right to exercise leverage and turn up the heat.

Zeke and Co weren't worried about 'hard feelings' for their holdout, the team shouldn't be worried about 'hard feelings' for exercising their rights either.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I've read this five times and don't know what he's trying to say.
erkPG3V.gif

Just kidding :laugh: