Twitter: Cowboys Tweets - 9/10

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Did he cost you your job or harm your family? If it’s just the wins and losses total by a group of men in your city causes you to hate someone, that’s a sign you might be taking this too seriously.

I’ve always liked Jason as a person and will be rooting for the Giants when they don’t play Dallas.

I’m sticking to my prediction of Garrett being next HC for Jets next year.
Garrett and the jets really do belong together. Garrett is to coaching what Mark Sanchez was to quarterbacks.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Did he cost you your job or harm your family? If it’s just the wins and losses total by a group of men in your city causes you to hate someone, that’s a sign you might be taking this too seriously.

I’ve always liked Jason as a person and will be rooting for the Giants when they don’t play Dallas.

I’m sticking to my prediction of Garrett being next HC for Jets next year.
Trust me I dont like judging from afar but I make an exception for that fraud.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
No way. It's amazing that after the decade of failure in Dallas that he even got a coordinator's job in the NFL. When the Giants go 4-12 this year, nobody will be looking to Garrett as their answer.

While we didnt win Super Bowls, the offenses were generally pretty good with a variety of skill position players. I think you might be underestimating him a bit. He might never be a great HC, but he possibly may be a decent coordinator. Unless you are just gonna assume we would talent that was so great that it was impossible to not put up a good offense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While we didnt win Super Bowls, the offenses were generally pretty good with a variety of skill position players. I think you might be underestimating him a bit. He might never be a great HC, but he possibly may be a decent coordinator. Unless you are just gonna assume we would talent that was so great that it was impossible to not put up a good offense.

I would gladly debate you regarding just how good those offenses were - especially when he was actually running them. A friendly debate of course, but I think the idea of Garrett being a good coordinator is also an easily debunked myth.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I would gladly debate you regarding just how good those offenses were - especially when he was actually running them. A friendly debate of course, but I think the idea of Garrett being a good coordinator is also an easily debunked myth.

I appreciate that. but guys like Murray never were the same outside of his offense. Dez was a star with minimal NFL skills....great athlete but couldn't run a route to save his life. Laurent Robinson or whatever that left here for a payday and disappeared.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I appreciate that. but guys like Murray never were the same outside of his offense. Dez was a star with minimal NFL skills....great athlete but couldn't run a route to save his life. Laurent Robinson or whatever that left here for a payday and disappeared.

And Garrett's offense's couldn't get out of their own way if Romo wasn't out there improvising and changing plays on the field, so there's that...

And once he was back playing to his strengths, Murray had a 1300-yard, Pro Bowl year in Tennessee:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MurrDe00.htm

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I agree but I think it will be only 1 year in NY - for the Giants anyway. I expect him to accept a HC gig next year, prob with the Jets.
That's the thing. NYG are expected to go win about 5-6 games this year.
If you are the Jets are you hiring a Chiefs asst like say Eric Bieniemy or a 5 win asst coach??

That's why I question his decision. I think you'd be better off sitting out then coaching a bad team.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
That's the thing. NYG are expected to go win about 5-6 games this year.
If you are the Jets are you hiring a Chiefs asst like say Eric Bieniemy or a 5 win asst coach??

That's why I question his decision. I think you'd be better off sitting out then coaching a bad team.

depends. Do the Jets want a rookie HC. Or do they want someone who has proven he can win games, build a program and develop qb.

MikeB80

Reaction score
depends. Do the Jets want a rookie HC. Or do they want someone who has proven he can win games, build a program and develop qb.

The jets are not going to hire Jason Garrett. The general Manager of the Jets is a longtime Raven Scout and was in Philadelphia for a few years with Doug Pederson. I can't imagine he won't have his own guys in mind if they were to make a change.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Watched a replay of Hou/KC from last year over the weekend.

Erving was more than acceptable at LT.

Not sure how much RT experience he has but he should be fine there for three weeks. He has to be. That's why he is here.

I was personally leaning toward Knight there but no one asked me.

I'm not comfortable with Steele on the field even on ST at this point. He must have made some miraculous strides in camp considering he was a project w no mini camps or game experience.
Read yesterday where Erving last year in weeks 2-10 gave up 26 QB pressures filling in...that stat made him the 7th worst. Run Forrest Run!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The jets are not going to hire Jason Garrett. The general Manager of the Jets is a longtime Raven Scout and was in Philadelphia for a few years with Doug Pederson. I can't imagine he won't have his own guys in mind if they were to make a change.
Which would lend to Andy Reid's system and thus Eric Bieniemy.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
JG hasn't developed a single QB.
Romo audibled out of his play calls and Dak won walking in door as the 3rd stringer with a different OC/QB coach.
Kellen/Mark Sanchez/Jon Kitka all get more credit with developing Dak than JG ever did.

JG has won 2 playoff games in 5 attempts. But he is 18 games over .500 and a team might overlook his warts... if he was winning or sitting out.
Going out and winning 5 games with the Giants doesn't prove his case.
It is EXTREMELY rare for a coordinator off a bad team to get a head coaching job.
JG was a calming/steadying walk around head coach.
He probably should have sat out a year and studied analytics or coached a year of college.
See McCarthy.

Now he has hitched his wagon to a bad team and a QB most everything thinks was mightily overdrafted.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Which would lend to Andy Reid's system and thus Eric Bieniemy.

he never worked with Andy Reid. He worked in Philadelphia when Pederson was the head coach. Yes there is crossover there because of Pederson's time with Reid.

Being in the Ravens system as long as he was leads me to believe he will hire a defensive coach someone from the ravens pipeline if they have to fire gase. Important to note here if Darnold is really good then it will be impossible essentially to fire Adam Gase. Also important to note Gase and Douglas were together in Chicago in 2015 and all this is purely speculation that Gase will be fired.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
he never worked with Andy Reid. He worked in Philadelphia when Pederson was the head coach. Yes there is crossover there because of Pederson's time with Reid.

Being in the Ravens system as long as he was leads me to believe he will hire a defensive coach someone from the ravens pipeline if they have to fire gase. Important to note here if Darnold is really good then it will be impossible essentially to fire Adam Gase. Also important to note Gase and Douglas were together in Chicago in 2015 and all this is purely speculation that Gase will be fired.

Pederson runs Reid's system which is what they'll want.
It's the hottest thing going. They can also then try and pilfer some KC FA.

Like you said if Darnold is good they won't change coaches, if he isn't they will want to go with a new system for Darnold to try and salvage him.
They can get a number of guys to come in as DC and teach the old Ravens/Eagles systems.

Offense sells tickets and they'll go that route imho. But yes it's early so could go a lot of directions.
End of year I suspect about 5 guys are on coaching short lists ahead of Jason Garrett.