Twitter: Cowboy's Tweets 9/12

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Doesn't seem to be helping calling down the plays from above for Linehan. He's still trying to force that deep, long developing passing attack while the Oline is struggling badly. Oline barely gave Dak 3.1 seconds on average all game before getting hit or flustered out of the pocket. Worst in the NFL for Week 1, yet Linehan and Garrett are forcing the deep pass philosophy? SMDH

Someone needs to get fired.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be helping calling down the plays from above for Linehan. He's still trying to force that deep, long developing passing attack while the Oline is struggling badly. Oline barely gave Dak 3.1 seconds on average all game before getting hit or flustered out of the pocket. Worst in the NFL for Week 1, yet Linehan and Garrett are forcing the deep pass philosophy? SMDH

Someone needs to get fired.
Maybe a play action on something other than a simple GO ROUTE would be nice.

Carson

Reaction score
Former Super Bowl Champion Brad Johnson.

Man I remember when he went into the game against the Rams and tossed a deep bomb. Went up 7-0 ... ended up losing like 35-7!! Was terrible the next few weeks.

Still an upgrade over our offense the previous 8 or so weeks

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man I remember when he went into the game against the Rams and tossed a deep bomb. Went up 7-0 ... ended up losing like 35-7!! Was terrible the next few weeks.

Still an upgrade over our offense the previous 8 or so weeks

He was absolutely shot when we got him. Couldn't throw the ball a lick. I was amazed that the coaches who saw him in practice every day couldn't see what everyone else could from their couch. But then the Chaz Green thing happened, and I was...less amazed....

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Quarterbacks can make or break receivers. Look at Romo. He made guys like Austin, Laurent Robinson, and Dez Bryant. Tom Brady has been making them for years up in New England. And it's a big reason why Dez is begging them to sign him in social media.

But quarterbacks can also break them. Again, see Dez Bryant. When he didn't have a passer as good as Romo was, suddenly he's a shell of the player he once was. And now, "nobody gets open" in Dallas.

Sometimes that's true, but not every mediocre WR can be made relevant by a great QB. For every Miles Austin or Laurent Robinson, there's an Andre Holmes or Kevin Ogletree. The Patriots have churned through their fair share of non-producing WR's over the years too.

So with this current unit, it might be Dak's fault, but these guys also might just suck.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Actually, it would have been better had Looney pulled past the Tackle and picked up #55 (LB). It would have been much easier for Zack Martin to crash down hard on the interior DT, while Collins could have taken the DE shooting from out to inside by himself. Connor Williams should have fired out and jammed the opposite DT in order to give Tyron time to pick him up, then have Connor rub off and block the weakside inside LB. The fullback would still have picked up LB Kuechly off the edge. A hole off of Collins would have been created much easier with better blocking assignments/calls.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes that's true, but not every mediocre WR can be made relevant by a great QB. For every Miles Austin or Laurent Robinson, there's an Andre Holmes or Kevin Ogletree. The Patriots have churned through their fair share of non-producing WR's over the years too.

So with this current unit, it might be Dak's fault, but these guys also might just suck.

Good points as well. I'd say it's a bit too early to judge the new guys like Thompson and Austin yet here. But guys who have been here, like Dez, Witten, Beasley, and Terrance Williams have all seen their numbers trending downward as well. Sometimes, it's not just all the receivers suck.

But I think we can agree that this needs to get turned around or we're in big trouble.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Good points as well. I'd say it's a bit too early to judge the new guys like Thompson and Austin yet here. But guys who have been here, like Dez, Witten, Beasley, and Terrance Williams have all seen their numbers trending downward as well. Sometimes, it's not just all the receivers suck.

But I think we can agree that this needs to get turned around or we're in big trouble.

That's true - although one could argue guys like Beasley and Dez are approaching 30, have a lot of mileage and may just be wearing down anyway.

The rest of the "skill" players are guys like Thompson, Hurns, Swaim, etc. Most of whom are journeyman who have (for the most part) never produced, so the fact that they aren't doing so now doesn't surprise me.

I do think a better QB would get more out of this unit. Aaron Rodgers would. But would 24-year-old Aaron Rodgers? I mean, he'd probably get more out of them than 24-year-old Dak is, but this hodge podge unit isn't exactly conducive to helping develop a young QB.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually, it would have been better had Looney pulled past the Tackle and picked up #55 (LB). It would have been much easier for Zack Martin to crash down hard on the interior DT, while Collins could have taken the DE shooting from out to inside by himself. Connor Williams should have fired out and jammed the opposite DT in order to give Tyron time to pick him up, then have Connor rub off and block the weakside inside LB. The fullback would still have picked up LB Kuechly off the edge. A hole off of Collins would have been created much easier with better blocking assignments/calls.
Did you sleep in a Holiday inn Express last night!!!! Lol!

Reaction score

This is a good chance to get the guys on the other side, Gregory, Taco, etc. to make some noise if their attention is towards Lawrence.

Eli must not have time to get the ball to his playmakers consistently. If he does, we will be 0-2.

Last edited: