Twitter: Cowboys Tweets - 9/23

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It never has been but in their defense they never let anyone beat them deep. I feel like this new staff...that's gonna change. This is one of the games where I actually understood the defenses bend but don't break approach. That's what you want for a team that's constantly looking for the big play. I Don't know what this new defense does.

The answer is 'not much' at this point.
:banghead:

AKATheRake

Reaction score

See the middle. The lack of pressure and push in the pocket which I keep bringing up, is what is the biggest thing ailing the sack output right now.

Both games the QB's have been able to step right up in the pocket once we start coming around the edge.

It sounds like the stance is what is hindering Lawrence and Griffen also. Aldon Smith is used to standing up so the 2 point stance benefits him.

Now if Aldon Smith wasn't as big as he currently is and had his past speed we could put him at OLB rushing the passer. So now it looks like we will have a rotation at DE.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We can only hope things improve as the season rolls along. If not, we'll be in for shootouts each week and I feel that those can go either way.
Well I'll say this for them....it surely can't get any worse. And yeah I always felt we were going to have to put up 30 to win these games. I feel like if we were better offensively in the Rams game that one too probably would've been a higher scoring game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I'll say this for them....it surely can't get any worse. And yeah I always felt we were going to have to put up 30 to win these games. I feel like if we were better offensively in the Rams game that one too probably would've been a higher scoring game.

I agree. And I hope that Rams game was an anomaly. We'll need to be high scoring every week to win. At least for the foreseeable future.

Interesting to note that it seems like most defenses are struggling so far, so we have company.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. And I hope that Rams game was an anomaly. We'll need to be high scoring every week to win. At least for the foreseeable future.

Interesting to note that it seems like most defenses are struggling so far, so we have company.
Yeah especially the guys we've been facing. I was told the Falcons were the worst secondary in the league and now its the Seahawks.....and most of these matchups coming up after the Seahawks also look like they are weaker on defense too. I guess its expected with the injuries and lack of preseason and training camp these guys had. But I question does it get better as the season goes on?

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Man after watching this weekend's massacre of top notch talent across the league from injury, I don't the players need to complain about time off ever again!!! Good gracious I've never seen anything like this in my years of watching and playing this game it's been absolutely brutal.

Nav22

Reaction score
No push in the middle is the reason. Get a guy who could rush up the middle (David Irving) cough cough and you'll see ints.
We dropped at least 3 INTs vs the Falcons.

Sometimes it’s as simple as “our bum DBs just need to catch the damn ball.”

John813

Reaction score
Where's Mo and Scandrick? We can get the 2016 gang together again on more time