Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 9/24

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I truly love the guy, but is complete blasphemy to say that if he misses, say, 6 games this year due to injury, that you have to think of cutting him in the offseason?

It would save $7m against the cap, leaving an additional $3m in dead money. 2019 is his last year under contract.

Maybe you keep him to tutor LVE?
I truly love the guy, but is complete blasphemy to say that if he misses, say, 6 games this year due to injury, that you have to think of cutting him in the offseason?

It would save $7m against the cap, leaving an additional $3m in dead money. 2019 is his last year under contract.

Maybe you keep him to tutor LVE?

If it's worth 7 million $$ to do that, perhaps we should think about dismissing LB Coach, Ben Bloom, to hire Sean Lee in his place.

Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Again do you want the man run every down? The first two weeks they didn't run it well, Sunday it was better, but you got down 2 scores...lol

Patience in run game/balance offense is critical for success in this offense.

2014 proved that you dont abandon run even if down 2 scores.

Dre11

Reaction score
Is this supposed to prove something? Is this what you consider support for your attempted argument?

What part of taking preparation into the game and EXECUTING. who do you think he's talking about? I'm curious. Sounds like you can do all the prep and planning you want, but on Gameday and in those lines, those players have to execute to win. It's what I've been saying all along.

Dre11

Reaction score
Is this someone else you’re trusting to do your thinking for you? It’s obvious you don’t have an opinion until somebody GIVES it to you.

Unless you're blind, I've been saying this for months, it only backs it up. Swim.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What part of taking preparation into the game and EXECUTING. who do you think he's talking about? I'm curious. Sounds like you can do all the prep and planning you want, but on Gameday and in those lines, those players have to execute to win. It's what I've been saying all along.

Great. Don't bother having coaches at all then. Nothing that happens during games is their responsibility.

Dre11

Reaction score
Great. Don't bother having coaches at all then. Nothing that happens during games is their responsibility.

You see the coac in Richards and then Zeke, Broaddus, Stephen Jones, Zack Martin, all tell you about execution . Nobody said you don't need coaches, there's also a saying out there, that a coach is only good as his players.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You see the coac in Richards and then Zeke, Broaddus, Stephen Jones, Zack Martin, all tell you about execution . Nobody said you don't need coaches, there's also a saying out there, that a coach is only good as his players.

I hear plenty of people trying to say the right thing and tow the company line while they're still here. But I also know that talk is cheap. And the fact is that it's the coaches job to have their players prepared to execute and not make mistakes. Any team is a reflection if their coaches, good and bad.

And here's the deal with these coaches. They had all the time they've needed to get every player they want in every role they want them. More than once in every case. And the results are still poor. Time to look past the never-ending cycle of "we need new players".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sturm's position here echoes my own:

There are several areas one can point their finger when things are this bad, but I point first and foremost at the coaches whose ultimate responsibility is the performance of the entire unit.

Dre11

Reaction score
I hear plenty of people trying to say the right thing and tow the company line while they're still here. But I also know that talk is cheap. And the fact is that it's the coaches job to have their players prepared to execute and not make mistakes. Any team is a reflection if their coaches, good and bad.

And here's the deal with these coaches. They had all the time they've needed to get every player they want in every role they want them. More than once in every case. And the results are still poor. Time to look past the never-ending cycle of "we need new players".

Lol....tow the company line....lol you know what the say about assumptions...lol

Dre11

Reaction score
Sturm's position here echoes my own:

There are several areas one can point their finger when things are this bad, but I point first and foremost at the coaches whose ultimate responsibility is the performance of the entire unit.

He has that right, but I'll take from the people in the building. Who has more of a clue as to what's going

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has that right, but I'll take from the people in the building. Who has more of a clue as to what's going

You do that. Buy whatever they're selling you.

I mean you can't argue with Jerry Jones' 20-years and counting track record.

Or Jason Garrett's career of playoff appearances and success over 8 years.

Just don't expect anyone else to check their brain at the door.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I been taking up for JG for years,but can no longer. Is he not the HC in charge of the coaches? Is it not his job to get everyone on the same frequency? Has he done so? The answer seems to be a glaring NO thus far. Yes, players play..etc...but are the offensive coaches, JG included, putiing them in good situations to succeed? I think the answer is, its complicated. Sometimes, yes, other times..no. That's the issue...inconsistency. Who are we as an organization? What do we wanna be? I think Garrett has poorly handled this and booger/JJ have only enabled the ineptitude. Wash rinse and repeat I guess.

Dre11

Reaction score
You do that. Buy whatever they're selling you.

I mean you can't argue with Jerry Jones' 20-years and counting track record.

Or Jason Garrett's career of playoff appearances and success over 8 years.

Just don't expect anyone else to check their brain at the door.

You right you can't argue their record, but Jason hasn't been the coach 20 years, and we've had the same or less results, that's including a HOF coach in Parcells.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke gave you the truth, Broaddus hardly a Garrett defender, gave you the same.

No, they gave you "the truth". If you want to believe that hook, line, and sinker, that's your choice. It's my choice not to and to see coaching failure for what it is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You right you can't argue their record, but Jason hasn't been the coach 20 years, and we've had the same or less results, that's including a HOF coach in Parcells.

Parcells inherited a 5-11 train wreck, totally bereft of talent. He made the playoffs twice in four years despite that, and ultimately left the team in a much better place. With a Hall of Fame pass rusher in place in Ware, a Hall of Fame TE in Witten, and a franchise quarterback in Romo.

Garrett hasn't come close to having the same impact and he's been given more than enough time to show who he is and who's he isn't.

Time to say goodbye.