Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 9/24

movaughn88

Reaction score

I truly love the guy, but is complete blasphemy to say that if he misses, say, 6 games this year due to injury, that you have to think of cutting him in the offseason?

It would save $7m against the cap, leaving an additional $3m in dead money. 2019 is his last year under contract.

Maybe you keep him to tutor LVE?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Because it was never a WR problem.

It's a predictability problem.

I don't care if you're the greatest route runner in NFL history. If a NFL DB knows what route you're running he will be in your hip pocket.

That is why I liked Dez.. Even if you knew where Dez was going he would just win the ball from you.

But we kicked him out the door and blame his lack of...separation....

Watch the Rams passing game and you'll see receivers consistently running free. That's due to the route combinations they run, how they stack their receivers off the line, et cetera. We've been running the see simplified scheme with very little wrinkles.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I truly love the guy, but is complete blasphemy to say that if he misses, say, 6 games this year due to injury, that you have to think of cutting him in the offseason?

It would save $7m against the cap, leaving an additional $3m in dead money. 2019 is his last year under contract.

I think he will retire after his contract. And I immediately hire him as a LB coach.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

We have plenty of cap space. No need to cut him. When he comes in, he is the best player on the defense. He will mentor and be a coach on the sideline. You can't put a dollar value on leadership and integrity.

John813

Reaction score

Hard to say until we see Smith and LVE for entire games out there for a good part of the season.
If both look ready, then strongly consider it. Probably depend too on how aggressive(LOL) they are in the offseason.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Watch the Rams passing game and you'll see receivers consistently running free. That's due to the route combinations they run, how they stack their receivers off the line, et cetera. We've been running the see simplified scheme with very little wrinkles.
Garret and company coach/ scheme like we have the early 90s cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll take Richard as coach and new offensive coordinator. Love Richard's energy and he has a clear point of view on what he wants the defense to be.

I trust him to find an OC with a similar clear vision for the offense.

I'd trust him enough to fire Garrett and Linehan today.

Richard could then bring in Darrell Bevell, who's actually been known to run the football.