Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 9/24

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He isn't a bad coach, but that one play will forever taint his perception.

It's like a story a friend once told me. There's this brilliant guy and he somehow figures out how to cure cancer and bring about world peace, but one day gets caught passionately fondling a goat. There's pictures in all the media and talk shows all about the unsavory act. The guy eventually passes away. One person turns to the other and asks, "Did you hear that guy passed away?" The other person says "The one caught passionately fondling the goat" It doesn't matter if you cure cancer or bring world peace, you passionately fondle one goat, just one....... and you will forever be the guy that passionately fondled a goat.

For perspective, Bevell's gaffe (if it was in fact his call) occurred during his second Super Bowl appearance. How many have Garrett or Linehan had as coaches?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
For perspective, Bevell's gaffe (if it was in fact his call) occurred during his second Super Bowl appearance. How many have Garrett or Linehan had as coaches?
I'm not in any way shape or form defending, advocating, or even want Garrett or Linehan around this team. They've gotten too cute around the goalline, too many times for me too.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Watch the Rams passing game and you'll see receivers consistently running free. That's due to the route combinations they run, how they stack their receivers off the line, et cetera. We've been running the see simplified scheme with very little wrinkles.
Same with the eagles recievers.....their TEs and Wrs always seem wiiiiiide open. You see how some coaches run schemes to help their young QBs and put them in positions to be successful.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas damn near killed Zeke in 2016, they were doing the same in 2017 until he was suspended. They killed Murray in 2014. What are you talking about...lol

I'm talking about the fact that they're not using Elliott enough, especially when the rest of the offense is struggling.

But I know that goes over the head of someone like yourself who will defend everything this team does no matter what.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm talking about the fact that they're not using Elliott enough, especially when the rest of the offense is struggling.

But I know that goes over the head of someone like yourself who will defend everything this team does no matter what.

You want the man to run the ball every down? ...lol you act like they haven't used him...lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want the man to run the ball every down? ...lol you act like they haven't used him...lol

I want the man to run the ball more. To do more of what is working and less of what isn't. To actually play to the strengths of the team he coaches,

But you just rubber stamp everything they do, sure beats thinking, huh?

You must be thrilled to be 1-2.
:facepalm:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I want the man to run the ball more. To do more of what is working and less of what isn't. To actually play to the strengths of the team he coaches,

The players just need to execute.

Dre11

Reaction score

Again do you want the man run every down? The first two weeks they didn't run it well, Sunday it was better, but you got down 2 scores...lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again do you want the man run every down?

Is that all you can see? "All" or "nothing"? "Every down" or "not at all"? Think harder.

The first two weeks they didn't run it well, Sunday it was better, but you got down 2 scores...lol

And what was it that got them even close to back in the game? I'll answer it for you since you're clearly struggling. It was Elliott and the running game. Too little, too late. Just like has been Linehan's MO for years.

Maybe if they had actually stuck with it earlier, they'd have actually been in the game in the first place?

But nah, you rubber stamp everything they do.

Enjoy the losing.
:thumbup:

Reactions: BAT

Dre11

Reaction score

Lol...how many in the organization have to say for you to acknowledge it...lol

(On the outcome…) “This is the ultimate team sport. Everybody got their share of what happened today. I do, everybody do. We’re not going to blame it on one person. It’s the whole offense. That’s what we did today. It was us. We were the ones on the field. We’re the ones who have got to make it happen. It had nothing to do with the coaches. We put ourselves in bad situations, so that’s what happened.”

Dre11

Reaction score
Is that all you can see? "All" or "nothing"? "Every down" or "not at all"? Think harder.

And what was it that got them even close to back in the game? I'll answer it for you since you're clearly struggling. It was Elliott and the running game. Too little, too late. Just like has been Linehan's MO for years.

Maybe if they had actually stuck with it earlier, they'd have actually been in the game in the first place?

But nah, you rubber stamp everything they do.

Enjoy the losing.
:thumbup:

(On the outcome…) “This is the ultimate team sport. Everybody got their share of what happened today. I do, everybody do. We’re not going to blame it on one person. It’s the whole offense. That’s what we did today. It was us. We were the ones on the field. We’re the ones who have got to make it happen. It had nothing to do with the coaches. We put ourselves in bad situations, so that’s what happened.”

Dre11

Reaction score

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR KRIS RICHARD
(On if he felt added confidence coming into this game due to his familiarity with Seattle…) “Added confidence? No. It doesn’t matter where you’ve been, who you know. You’ve got to go out there and take full advantage of your opportunities. It’s taking your preparation into the game and executing.”

Reactions: BAT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is this supposed to prove something? Is this what you consider support for your attempted argument?