Twitter: Cowboys' tweets 9/25

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
As one of the many on here that I’m sure has coached at least youth football, that is EXACTLY what I’m seeing from Dak - FEAR!!!!!! His first season was too perfect of a set up and he just went out and played, like most of us tell any of our players to do (don’t think, just play). Now, I see a guy that is so scared to pull the trigger on ANYTHING - even a lot of his runs look tentative. Somebody DOES need to get in his ear and tell him the truth - he’s this close to blowing his dream job and only he can fix it.
I was thinking exactly this today. He's thinking too much. His 2nd season was pretty good too -- until Atlanta. Since then, it's been a repeat of his Senior year at Miss St. Not great receivers, not much protection, and awful play from him. His history is that he panics when pressured consistently. The team was fully aware of this when they drafted him. It looks like the only thing he's done about it is go into a shell, and this gun-shyness only leads to more pressures.

They need to tell him "we don't care if you throw five picks, just trust your teammates and play your game." Or if they're already telling him, he needs to listen, because he's watching his career flash before his eyes. It's like the baseball players' saying in the Dominican Republic, "No one walks off the island." Dak needs to stop watching every pitch go by, and start taking some swings again.