Cowboys Tweets - 9/25

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn’t Nick Mullins the QB that got his first start against us a couple of years ago? That kid has something
Was it against us?

I know that Mullins did impress with the opportunities that he got and I was thinking about a potential trade for him as a backup, considering that the 49'ers also drafted Beathard.

I think Mullins had a good showing against our 2nd and 3rd teamers in a PS game a year or a few years ago. And many wanted us to trade for him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jerry said something about taking a long term view regarding Tyron.

Seemed to imply he may be out a while. But who knows?

I think Jerry said something to the effect that Tyron would have played if it were a playoff game, but it was thought better to rest him. I didn't get the sense that the "long term view" was a long term injury, but doing what was best for the long term, not that single game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Absolutely! He's as good as there is when he's out there healthy, but given how infrequently that's happening, a viable backup left tackle is a MUST.

Knight looks plenty viable as backup swing T. I don't expect a top pick until Tyron's play drops a lot unless an OT falls to us by a lot.

MikeB80

Reaction score
"Wrong!" - signed JG

giphy.gif

The nfc team that went to the super bowl is run by a guy who believes in System over players. He learned it from his Dad. Yes they have talent obviously you have to but they are all about the system in San Francisco.

Zman5

Reaction score
The nfc team that went to the super bowl is run by a guy who believes in System over players. He learned it from his Dad. Yes they have talent obviously you have to but they are all about the system in San Francisco.

Parcells ran a 3-4 defense all his life but he knew he didn't have the players he needed to run it when he first got here. So he ran a 4-3 until he got the players he wanted and ran a 3-4 afterwards.

Unlike your hero JG, good coach will adjust his "System" to the players he got until he gets the type of player he wants/need for his system.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Parcells ran a 3-4 defense all his life but he knew he didn't have the players he needed to run it when he first got here. So he ran a 4-3 until he got the players he wanted and ran a 3-4 afterwards.

Unlike your hero JG, good coach will adjust his "System" to the players he got until he gets the type of player he wants/need for his system.

the guy you just referred to as my hero I wanted to fire after 08, 13 and 1 million percent after the loss to the rams in 18.

not only is he not my hero I really cant stand the guy after what he did to Romo and Ware. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

on the other hand I actually do love parcells. he also ran a 4-3 in new england early on for the same reason he did in Dallas.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Ya man,, Lamb is the real deal.
MC knew it upon draft that CD deserved the 88.
Talent knows talent, and its right there plain as day for the entire viewing audience to witness every week...
This is not difficult....
CD is deserving of the 88 and the real deal..
rejoice!

Zman5

Reaction score
the guy you just referred to as my hero I wanted to fire after 08, 13 and 1 million percent after the loss to the rams in 18.

not only is he not my hero I really cant stand the guy after what he did to Romo and Ware. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

on the other hand I actually do love parcells. he also ran a 4-3 in new england early on for the same reason he did in Dallas.

Yeh you hate him so much, you defend the clown every chance you get.

As I said Parcells will adjust to players he has and not just stick to his "system" because he actually knows how to coach. Unlike the clapper.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
O

As I said Parcells will adjust to players he has and not just stick to his "system" because he actually knows how to coach. Unlike the clapper.

Parcells is probably not a good example.

They Cowboys defense was ranked #1 in yards allowed and #2 in points allowed in Parcells 1st season with the Cowboys when he let Mike Zimmer keep the 4-3 defense.

Parcells still switched to the 3-4...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
It's frustrating. I don't want to marginalize the physical toll the game takes or the sacrifices of the players, but it's tough that there are constantly issues to be managed and games to be missed with the player. On the other hand, he is still a great young player with a very reasonable contract. It's tough. I guess we all have to accept the good and the bad.

I'll take some solace in the fact that Knight filled in quite well last week. Hopefully we see a repeat performance this week if necessary.
Exactly my thoughts. Thanks for posting for me! ;)

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

So the questin I have is what made it so compelling for Jaylon Smith to put his thoughts out in the universe. IF he and Big Mike were good with each other isn't that good enough and keep things in the locker room.

As another has stated it is too bad, but the narrative is out there, and some will now interpret this as damage control and spin doctoring.

The moral of the story is shut up with the team stuff on media and social media.

I wish Parcells was still here to manage the communications portion of the team.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Wasn't this guy with us a few years ago? I remember a OT named Mills. I believe he got cut.

EDIT: Just saw that he was with us for a few weeks back in 2015.
On September 7, 2015, the Dallas Cowboys claimed him off waivers.He suffered a foot injury and was declared inactive for the season opener against the New York Giants. On September 14, he was released to make room for offensive tackle Charles Brown.

Brown wasn’t any help either, so after 5 years he gets another tryout.

Zman5

Reaction score
O

Parcells is probably not a good example.

They Cowboys defense was ranked #1 in yards allowed and #2 in points allowed in Parcells 1st season with the Cowboys when he let Mike Zimmer keep the 4-3 defense.

Parcells still switched to the 3-4...

He switched because 2004 defense was bad (27th in points, 16th in yards, 27th in TO). He gave 4-3 a chance because he knew he had players that could run that better than the 3-4. Once he realized it wasn't working 2004, he switched to 3-4 once he got the players he needed to run it (DWare, M. Spears, and C. Canty) in 2005.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've got a feeling Tyron is just worn out and can't take the pounding and exertion any more without getting hurt. Hope I'm wrong, though.

MikeB80

Reaction score

I'm sorry are you trying to explain Bill Parcells to me? I point out the hypocrisy here which is enormous not defend Jason Garrett.

I am sorry you have poor reading comprehension.