Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 9/29

Batman1980

Reaction score

Obviously I follow the Cowboys more closely, but why is it that I never hear of other teams being so predictable, giving up signals, etc. as much as we hear about it with the Cowboys?

Been going on since 2008, remember when the Ravens had back to back 80 yard TD runs in the final Texas Stadium game? Yeah...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been going on since 2008, remember when the Ravens had back to back 80 yard TD runs in the final Texas Stadium game? Yeah...

That was more just stupid defense but putting everyone on the LOS.

Had nothing to do with reading signals.

Hind sight is 20-20 for players saying that and fans buy into it. Especially omes with agendas.

I get it, I understand it. As to why fans buy into it. But when we were winning in 2104 and 2016, if it the same old crap, as to what we were runnnig, then why weren’t they reading and figured out our signals then.

Reactions: CWR

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Obviously I follow the Cowboys more closely, but why is it that I never hear of other teams being so predictable, giving up signals, etc. as much as we hear about it with the Cowboys?

Every team steals signals. Heck, we did it in HS ball. I'm sure the pros are very well versed in the art. The trick is to be able to adjust to the calls in a timely manner.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bellicheck videos them. Or he used too anyway, and got caught. Slapped on the wrist very lightly for it.

Reactions: CWR

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody does it. It's especially going to happen when you're sharing coaches between teams. There are probably examples of guessing at tendencies working against them, too, though those aren't as likely to come out. But I think it's pretty tough to try to blame Richard for something like this. It's going to happen.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Bellicheck videos them. Or he used too anyway, and got caught. Slapped on the wrist very lightly for it.

Jimmy Johnson openly admitted doing the same thing with Dallas in the 90's. I could never understand why so many were angry about Belichick doing it. It's common in the NFL...

408Cowboy

Reaction score

Hind sight is 20-20 for players saying that and fans buy into it. Especially omes with agendas.

I get it, I understand it. As to why fans buy into it. But when we were winning in 2104 and 2016, if it the same old crap, as to what we were runnnig, then why weren’t they reading and figured out our signals then.
Didn't Ken Hamlin miss the tackle on both plays?

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Didn't Ravens players come out after the game, including Ray Lewis and say they knew exactly what we were doing all game?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't Ravens players come out after the game, including Ray Lewis and say they knew exactly what we were doing all game?
Yes Ray said it.

But yet we were still in the game until those runs, which were on the defense and not because they knew what we were doing.

This happens a lot in games, when a team stacks the line to stop a team to force them to punt.
Emmitt had a lot of late game long runs from doing that same thong.