Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 9/4

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
When you’re the coach of the Cowboys, it’s a job requirement to be “manufactured”. Think about it—he’s got Booger on one side with his meddling, and he’s got the media on the other, waiting, watching, manipulating, hungry for anything they can twist into headlines and blog hits. He HAS to speak in vanilla cliches, to keep the manufactured drama and distractions at a minimum. Besides, he’s so anal and detail oriented he probably irons and folds his socks.
Jimmy wasn’t manufactured

ESisback

Reaction score
Jimmy wasn’t manufactured

Sure he was—just in a way you liked much better. There are other factors to consider too—Booger was different, the media was different, the money was much smaller, and people were less prone to litigate.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
It certainly begs the question:

Are you now admitting that your past analysis and scouting reports were totally and completely off?

But isn't it quite obvious now that they were? Lynch is no better than what we've got. Did you just want them to stick with their incorrect evaluation for consistency?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I know, but if Dlaw balls out I really hope we dont get cheap. One thing for certain, we damn well better not let him walk without being compensated.

Or try to sign him with a fair offer. If he breaks the 15+ sack limit I believe they should try as hard as they can to get him signed.

Reactions: CWR

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Sure he was—just in a way you liked much better. There are other factors to consider too—Booger was different, the media was different, the money was much smaller, and people were less prone to litigate.
I like results so in that way, yes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But isn't it quite obvious now that they were? Lynch is no better than what we've got.

Onsidering how poorly Rush played, I'm not so sure about that. If nothing else, Lynch is young and has physical upside that Rush doesn't.

Did you just want them to stick with their incorrect evaluation for consistency?

Not at all. I very much hope that there was a lesson learned that the way they've been evaluating quarterbacks is awful and that they absolutely dodged a bullet.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Onsidering how poorly Rush played, I'm not so sure about that. If nothing else, Lynch is young and has physical upside that Rush doesn't.

Not at all. I very much hope that there was a lesson learned that the way they've been evaluating quarterbacks is awful and that they absolutely dodged a bullet.

The choice would likely be between White and Lynch.

It's impossible to really evaluate Rush or White in the chaos that was this preseason.

Rush would be better when they are game planning and have starting OL in front of him. They won't have him throwing out routes to a 5-8 WR with Patrick Peterson when they are game planning.

Lynch has more physical talent and upside; however, considering he didn't function well going into his 3rd season with the Broncos, he is unlikely to be a quick learner that could digest a new offense on the fly.

If we are in March, then choosing between Rush or Lynch would be a different story.

Since White is #3, he is basically here to see what he can do next year; otherwise they wouldn't carry 3 QBs.

With White as a developmental guy for the future, the question becomes which QB would you want when OTAs start, White or Lynch?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The choice would likely be between White and Lynch.

It's impossible to really evaluate Rush or White in the chaos that was this preseason.

Rush would be better when they are game planning and have starting OL in front of him. They won't have him throwing out routes to a 5-8 WR with Patrick Peterson when they are game planning.

Lynch has more physical talent and upside; however, considering he didn't function well going into his 3rd season with the Broncos, he is unlikely to be a quick learner that could digest a new offense on the fly.

If we are in March, then choosing between Rush or Lynch would be a different story.

Since White is #3, he is basically here to see what he can do next year; otherwise they wouldn't carry 3 QBs.

With White as a developmental guy for the future, the question becomes which QB would you want when OTAs start, White or Lynch?

All good points.