Twitter: Cowboy's Tweets 9/5

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Ratliff injury was significant, an oncoming escalation in his bipolar disorder caused him to believe Jerry encouraging him was pressure to come back early. He made the determination not to play for the team and refused to let team Drs evaluate him forcing his release. But yeah, the initial injury was significant and a bit frightening!

All I remember is they were saying he may never play again and he was in the lineup 1week later after Dallas released him and Jerry never went after the return of his bonus money.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Haha how do you get injured at light practices days before the game??????

Unreal
You've never tweaked or pulled anything while NOT being in a full contact game?

They may be in good shape but they are still human, all it takes is 1 weird step or turn or move.

exciter

Reaction score
All I remember is they were saying he may never play again and he was in the lineup 1week later after Dallas released him and Jerry never went after the return of his bonus money.
Think it was more like 3, the injury and blow up with Jerry was from the previous season. Mental deterioration led to him believing Jerry was trying to force him back on the field prematurely (2nd occurrence I believe) and he made up his mind he wasn't playing for the team again. Think Jerry took in his mental state as the reason for not trying to get said bonus. If I remember correctly the injury involved the muscle detaching from the hip or bone in the groin area. It was the 2nd occurrence and they didn't know if he would ever play again if I'm remembering correctly!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Y

You would look like an injury to Lee and Smith away from Thomas and Millard being your starting will and mike lb. Or roughly the same boat they were in last year!

Oh no! Let's spend a first round pick to make sure we're not sunk if three injuries hit our linebackers!

exciter

Reaction score
Oh no! Let's spend a first round pick to make sure we're not sunk if three injuries hit our linebackers!
Well it's more logical that dropping another 1st round pick on the online and a 2nd on on an ageing undersized safety in the down slope of his career. Especially considering this is probably Wilson's last year and I'm thinking they'll be reluctant to extend Lee (considering) after next!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well it's more logical that dropping another 1st round pick on the online and a 2nd on on an ageing undersized safety in the down slope of his career. Especially considering this is probably Wilson's last year and I'm thinking they'll be reluctant to extend Lee (considering) after next!

Sure it is. Two consecutive 1st round picks who won't be starters. Perfectly "logical". While passing up on two guys that could help you win it all this year.

:facepalm:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It was a necessary pick. Hitchens was a starter who had to be replaced, and Jaylon had been exposed pretty badly v. the Rams and GB, both. It would have been foolish to count on him being a starter. And Lee, by fr the best player on our defense, has a history of soft tissue injuries. We saw v. ATL last year what happens when he leaves a game.

You need 4 good and healthy LBs to play in this league. One of the bright spots of this year's camp is that the LB group appears to be deeper and better than it has been the last few years. I ain't complaining about it.