Twitter: Cowboys Tweets Sat 12/22

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Think they should move on from both.

I believe one of them is needed for the slot position. Austin is the bigger overall threat while Beasley's quickness makes him a good short-range target.

Assuming Cooper and Gallup are the starters, I'd rather take Hurns and Williams' salaries, since they are being paid like starters, and give it to these two than to keep them (or again, keep at least one of the two slot guys).

It's possible that our WR corps next year will be: Cooper, Gallup, Austin/Beasley, Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson. That's five to six, depending on whether we spend to keep both Austin and Beasley.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I believe one of them is needed for the slot position. Austin is the bigger overall threat while Beasley's quickness makes him a good short-range target.

Assuming Cooper and Gallup are the starters, I'd rather take Hurns and Williams' salaries, since they are being paid like starters, and give it to these two than to keep them (or again, keep at least one of the two slot guys).

It's possible that our WR corps next year will be: Cooper, Gallup, Austin/Beasley, Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson. That's five to six, depending on whether we spend to keep both Austin and Beasley.

Depends on how much beasley wants. Austin's always hurt. No point in resigning him.

Bluefin

Reaction score
I think we'll try to sign both Beasley and Austin, and settle for one of them.
The team already tried to re-sign Cole Beasley (29/30 April) during training camp and he opted to focus on playing this season and then addressing his options as a free agent.

Beaz is a good wideout, but he disappears too much and comes across as whiny.

Tavon Austin (28/29 March) might be easier to re-sign to a one year deal than Beasley, which is something I prefer, but he is injury prone.

I hope we draft a new slot WR while keeping Austin for one more season to help bridge the gap.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Witt, Dez & Fredbeard missing is why Zeke and Dak getting stuffed behind LOS in redzone?

Article does not even breakdown the formations used and/or personnel on the field. It was conclusion based rather than in depth research.