CFZ Cowboys upcoming road games after bye will tell us more about where this season could be headed

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are all thrilled to be sitting at 6-2. Most critics and even most Cowboy fans didn’t anticipate to be sitting here even if Prescott had remained healthy. 2022 was expected by most to be more of a retooling season with hopes of possibly contending for division and playoffs.

We had hopes our defense would emerge but had much concern over the loss of starters on OL and receiving corps reduced all due to Cap moves. Then throw in losing Tyron and starting a Rookie at LT, Daks injury all set this season up for a total flop. But here we are feeling pretty darn good at 6-2.

Looking ahead we have two tough road games following at Green Bay and Minnesota which should tell us more about where this team is. Packers are unexpectedly struggling at 3-5 while Rodgers is healthy. Last time they had a losing season without their future HOF QB missing games it cost McCarthy his job.

So I don’t look for GB and Rodgers to fold up the tent just yet. And we are a prime opponent for them to get well on. And then there’s the Vikings who with the 2nd best record in NFC are playing well under their new HC. Always a tough out up there . I’d say a split in these two games would be a victory but falling to 6-4 heading home for NY could bring about some mighty concerns .

If we could win these next 2 and gobble up NY on Thanksgiving then I’m not sure anyone else is there to slow us until we travel to Tennessee and Egirls come flying in for Christmas Eve.

And why these next two difficult road games could set the tone for second half of the season and where it takes this Cowboys team now with much higher sites than it had to begin the season.

pitt33

Reaction score
Upcoming road playoff games for this team will tell us more.

That’s when the rubber meets the road.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
7-3 is should good and should still hold the top wild card spot
Yep . I’ll feel good at 7-3.

If we win both we could be looking at 13 or 14 wins this year.

Imagine a 13 or 14 win Wild Card. It’s never happened.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't even worry about the opposing QB anymore this season. If they beat us, their offensive line will have beaten us. Either by giving their QB ample time to throw, or by opening holes for their RBs. This D is going to get after any non mobile QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
I fear the Giants and Eagles more than I do the Packers and Vikings. The Pack and Viks have to alter their game plans for us, not so much the other two. The Bears had a very good game plan against us. Not a plan the Packers or Viking can do.

I remember one time when the Bears had something like a 2nd and 20. They can the ball and picked up 13. Smart play. Had the guy not fumbled on the next play, they pick up a first down.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get rested up and hopefully healthier this week then play at GB.

Only thing that matters right now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't like how we have two tough road games, then after the last we play at home 4 days later.

That's dumb.

Flamma

Reaction score
The Titans were a WC team with a 13-3 record. There could be others but that is the only team I know of.

I'm pretty sure they are the only 13-3 wildcard team. It could have happened in 1987 but they only played 15 games that season. The Saints were a 12-3 wildcard team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like how we have two tough road games, then after the last we play at home 4 days later.

That's dumb.

Been that way for years. We rarely get a home game the day before T-Day game. Not too long ago we had a Sunday night game away before the T-Day game.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’ll take it one step further. By the end of the season, our W/L record will tell us if we’re going to the playoffs or not.

leeblair

Reaction score
We are all thrilled to be sitting at 6-2. Most critics and even most Cowboy fans didn’t anticipate to be sitting here even if Prescott had remained healthy. 2022 was expected by most to be more of a retooling season with hopes of possibly contending for division and playoffs.

We had hopes our defense would emerge but had much concern over the loss of starters on OL and receiving corps reduced all due to Cap moves. Then throw in losing Tyron and starting a Rookie at LT, Daks injury all set this season up for a total flop. But here we are feeling pretty darn good at 6-2.

Looking ahead we have two tough road games following at Green Bay and Minnesota which should tell us more about where this team is. Packers are unexpectedly struggling at 3-5 while Rodgers is healthy. Last time they had a losing season without their future HOF QB missing games it cost McCarthy his job.

So I don’t look for GB and Rodgers to fold up the tent just yet. And we are a prime opponent for them to get well on. And then there’s the Vikings who with the 2nd best record in NFC are playing well under their new HC. Always a tough out up there . I’d say a split in these two games would be a victory but falling to 6-4 heading home for NY could bring about some mighty concerns .

If we could win these next 2 and gobble up NY on Thanksgiving then I’m not sure anyone else is there to slow us until we travel to Tennessee and Egirls come flying in for Christmas Eve.

And why these next two difficult road games could set the tone for second half of the season and where it takes this Cowboys team now with much higher sites than it had to begin the season.
The next three games will tell us a lot. We will know fairly quick.
The Cowboys should win the next six games and be at 12-2.
If not, they better be shopping for a quarterback.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
The next three games will tell us a lot. We will know fairly quick.
The Cowboys should win the next six games and be at 12-2.
If not, they better be shopping for a quarterback.
:omg:

So if we end up being 11-3, we need a new QB?