Cowboys Vs Cardinals ***Game Thread*** 2nd Half

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Week 6 Cowboys vs Cardinals @ Arizona 3:15 2nd Half

dallas_helmet.gif
..........Vs..........
arizona_helmet.gif

Please share your game comments, observations, and thoughts in this thread.

Thank You

All other game related thread will be merged into the GHame thread.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
That pretty much is all that needs to be said...what a disgrace

Its only week six folks, and you can almost take it to the bank. This team has no shot at winning a championship.

The defense finally sorta shows up, and the offense, special teams and coaching totally go south. Why the hell with two TO's left would you not use one on that last possession after Owens caught the pass?

The Cards gave up 56 pts and 6 TD passes two weeks ago.

Just pathetic.

Player of the half is clearly Patrick Crayton.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I think its clearly Wade thats the issue. He just cannot get this team motivated or ready to play.

I think even mild mannered Tony Dungy would be going ballistic on some of these guys after what we've seen today.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You people know me ..... I am not an alarmist.

I am one of the biggest "homers" on this board.

I have defended everyone on this team for the last 2 years.

I like Wade ..... I like everyone on this team.

Not a player or coach I do not like.

BUT

Jerry needs to make a change.

Where? I do not really know.

But this team needs a good shaking.

This is pathetic ..... something is wrong with these guys .... I am sorry.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
FWIW We did have a few bad halves like this last year.

Chicago
Minnesota
Buffalo
Washington (1st time)
Detroit

Anyone wanna guess the common denominator on that one?

landryscorner

Reaction score
romo needs to learn that he's not gonna gain yards on every dam play and just throw the ball away, sometimes that's smarter, Tony's just not playing smart, it's gonna cost us

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Arizona is a good team. These arent your father's doormat Cardinals. They beat one of the best teams in the AFC by 4 touchdowns last week.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
windward;2328912 said:
FWIW We did have a few bad halves like this last year.

Chicago
Minnesota
Buffalo
Washington (1st time)
Detroit

Anyone wanna guess the common denominator on that one?

Yeah, we lost our playoff game.

We keep playing like that this year, we'll lose our playoff game (if we even get in).

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Reality;2328742 said:
Sorry to make a thread about this but I've been irritated about this for three weeks now.

The Cowboys are not throwing the ball downfield like they used and even when they do, they are waiting on curl routes to the sidelines and comeback routes. Those kinds of plays greatly increase the chance for an interception because it gives the defensive backs a great look at the ball and they take twice as long in the pocket to complete.

Garrett and Romo, for whatever reason, are afraid of throwing the ball downfield unless they see 5+ yards of separation and they will not see that very often with the current group of receivers.

THAT is why TO is not getting any passes and that is why teams are crowding the line of scrimage. This is exactly what the Giants did to us in the playoffs and what the Commanders did against the Cowboys to beat them.

At some point, you have to man up and get aggressive like they USED to be.

Oh, and the defense needs to learn to wrap-up when they tackle rather than just hit them hard.

-Reality
This is what I've been saying for sooooo long. Romo can't throw the out route, the curl routess, his arm is not strong enough. So why don't we throw more slants, more passes to the RBs, I thought Redball was a genius.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I must agree, a statement needs to be made. If the team doesn't make it, or the coaches don't make it, the owner does.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I think we got two gift turovers inside the Cards 30, and got zero points.

Unbelievable.

Everybody on offense and special teams gets a big fat F for the first half except Patrick Crayton.

Bizwah

Reaction score
This is the best our defense has looked since game one.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Makes a call to Det.No team fears the other wr's Its obvious in the way they are attacking the LOS. Also I dont know if we can live with 1 yard runs by Barber. He is catching the ball well but they only time he's getting yards is on that draw play.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dbair1967;2328896 said:
That pretty much is all that needs to be said...what a disgrace

Its only week six folks, and you can almost take it to the bank. This team has no shot at winning a championship.

The defense finally sorta shows up, and the offense, special teams and coaching totally go south. Why the hell with two TO's left would you not use one on that last possession after Owens caught the pass?

The Cards gave up 56 pts and 6 TD passes two weeks ago.

Just pathetic.

Player of the half is clearly Patrick Crayton.
Like when the Giants lost 41-14 to Minnesota last year they had no shot?

and BTW the defense has more gthan kinda sorta shown up, they dominated.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Witten and T.O. both have one catch for 9 yards. A total of 18 yards from these two. Our offensive scheme is not quite working in this game. Ya think? Hopefully we'll make some adjustments during halftime and get these two the ball in the second half. On the positive side, our defense held Arizona to about 75 total yards in the first half and zero points. Not too shabby. Hopefully their fire will rub off on the O in the second half.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Romo is not a pocket QB he's much better when he moves around buying his receivers extra seconds to get open. Romo imitating Brady might be worst mistake he has ever done! Thats why he is struggling IMO trying to be something he's not...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm frustrated with Romo but i'm not going to give up on him, but I get nervous whenever Romo gets sacked, him getting sacked almost means it's an automatic fumble.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2328915 said:
Arizona is a good team. These arent your father's doormat Cardinals. They beat one of the best teams in the AFC by 4 touchdowns last week.

they didnt look so good two weeks ago, what was it 34-0 at the half? They gave up 56 pts and 6 td passes to Favre?