Game Day *** Cowboys vs Jaguars post game thread***

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well that is a tough one, first thought is yes, but Dak looked great early in 2016 too .
Mahomes was off on a lot of throws tonight , high, behind , short, but he kept trying and looked better late in game.
I think he is probably better than Dak throwing the ball but they both are young and have flaws.

Also keep in mind mahomes has better hc, and oc and tyreek hill , kelcy etc.

I have to say also mahomes would not be 5-1 here this season if he was cowboy qb.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
If you watched the kc vs ne game tonight you would have seen mahomes miss some sure td throws, throw too high, out of endzone,
and 2 int's.
had dak done those same throws he would be declared a bum.

Could be but all that proves is that both Dak and Mahomes both need improvement in that part of their game.

However, overall Mahomes seems to be a better thrower of the football at this point in his development.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I wonder if the reason the coaches didn't unleash a bunch of RPOs in recent weeks was because they knew that JAX would game plan for it, and wanted to save the fury for this game and catch JAX sleeping? And now that the "cat is out of the bag", we will continue to see it from here on out? Too conspiracy theory?

Creeper

Reaction score
Well I certainly didn't see that coming. I admit I was wrong in my prediction by 10 miles. I thought for sure Dallas would struggle to put up 6 points against the Jags defense. Instead the put up one of those games we don;t see that often. I always say when the Cowboys lose in a blowout like that, they are not as bad as it looked and the winner is not as good as they looked either. The Cowboys looked a lot better on offense today today but I an not going to go crazy over their performance. What it boils down to is Dak ran more, there were more option type plays and Beasley was incorporated into the game plan more. Dak had a little more time to throw today than usual. I ave no idea what happened to the Jags defense. It looked to me like Campbell was injured or something. But the Cowboys offense did a good job in the first half so give them credit.

The defense played about as well as can be expected. This is a good defense and its getting better. They god Collins and Irving back to day and they made an immediate impact. Irving can be a beast.

Next week they play in Washington. It will be a real test of just how good or bad this team is.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if the reason the coaches didn't unleash a bunch of RPOs in recent weeks was because they knew that JAX would game plan for it, and wanted to save the fury for this game and catch JAX sleeping? And now that the "cat is out of the bag", we will continue to see it from here on out? Too conspiracy theory?
Quite sure many, including myself, have taken to guessing what philosophy drives the coaching think tank in Cowboys HQ. I just hope that LInehan stays gagged and tied up in the basement before next game.

RoboQB

Reaction score
giphy.gif

That's hilarious! I actually lol'd. Well, it was more like a chuckle, but a nice and loud chuckle... (lol)
Thanks for that.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Dak Prescott - 183 yards passing.

What the bleep.

No credit for the 82 yards rushing? Remember, Jerry wants Dak to be like Cam Newton.
Although, Cam usually does better than 183 in the air. Well, it's a start.
Of course, it will probably all go to hell next week... lol

Carter

Reaction score
Its funny what the Coaches and Players can produce when the Jobs are on the line.

I just dont get why they bring themselves in a Position all the time to have to do this.

Everyone knew what Dak is good at and when he Excels. He will never be a Pocket Passer and will always be best when he can scramble and use his feet.

Why they dont do this all the time to Keep Defenses guessing is beyond me.

We are on pace for 8-8. Happy times.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
It's a rosey sunshine week ahead.
Garret will be great
Dak will be the real deal
Jerry will be a winner
Our scouts will be the best in the league
WRs will be special but need time

Like they always say ... Winning the cure of everything

Dilly Dilly :)

:cool:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
take 2-3 losses so you can win one game???:omg:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well that is a tough one, first thought is yes, but Dak looked great early in 2016 too .
Mahomes was off on a lot of throws tonight , high, behind , short, but he kept trying and looked better late in game.
I think he is probably better than Dak throwing the ball but they both are young and have flaws.

Also keep in mind mahomes has better hc, and oc and tyreek hill , kelcy etc.

I have to say also mahomes would not be 5-1 here this season if he was cowboy qb.

so the tank is on hold, and we will see for next 2 weeks.
i recall teams adjusted to dak in 2017 and it seems adjustments were made in the 2nd half.
we shall soon see whether this way of playing is going to work.
i think any honest person would be trading dak for mahomes though no way kc dose it.

waldoputty

Reaction score

bro, remember what we talked about regarding the bottle... ;)