Game Day ***Cowboys vs Packers Overtime game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
That Packers defense is flying around as much as I’ve ever seen our defense fly around. Looks like they got tired of hearing about our defense. If our defense can just stop the run and make them pass, the game will be ours, but letting a team run the ball puts your secondary in a real bind.

The Packers defense has good players but they have underachieved. We are somewhat fortunate they are down a starting CB and most importantly their best edge player.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson “ Dak holding the ball to long.” He always has and always will!
And that may be the disconnect between Dak and his receivers.
Dak holds onto the ball too long, and the receivers think because Dak holds onto the ball, he's waiting for them to get in better position.
Just like when we played touch football growing up: Guys would wait til they got open to yell, "I'm open! I'm open!"
Then, again, some guys think they're always open. :)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
His wrs can't hang him out. Twice bad route running led to ints.
True but you can't make those throws if the route isn't there.

Especially on the 12 yard line. Throw it away and take the 3 points.

All that said, if you want Dak to throw with anticipation then he has to trust his receivers will be where they are suppose to be. That's why most of the time he waits for receivers to get open first before throwing.

Just can't make those mistakes in the redzone, especially inside the 15. Take the points

Dre11

Reaction score
The Qb threw the ball where the defense had numbers both times. He doesnt have the arm strength or accuracy to do that.

He threw where the wrs should've been. Don't need arm strength if the qb runs the right route

morat1959

Reaction score
For anyone who thinks LVE is an average LB, please isolate on him this half. He is awful!

Cmac

Reaction score
We better hope this game doesn’t come down to Aaron Rodgers with the ball with the game on the line.
....and Rodgers has only 6 pass attempts in the 1st half.....if we don't take advantage of that.....this team is simply dumb.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It really isn't that difficult to me.

Run the ball.
Use some read option type plays.
Then let dak drive the bus.

The first two options keep the chains moving. The read option stuff is difficult to stop. Then let dak make throws off play action ect.

But nope we just drop him back like he's Tom Brady. When dak is at his best he's using his legs to make plays. I just don't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.