Game Day ***Cowboys vs Packers Overtime game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Dak picks are why we are tied and not winning 17-0

So if Dak doesn't throw a pick Watson doesn't ever catch that long bomb?

Pretty sure they would've still run that play when they had the ball back.

DStar22

Reaction score
Lol..they didn't even allow Cooper to make those throws...lol

Cooper had plenty of mid length throws to the middle of the field.

great ones in fact... what he IS better than Dak at is not trying to force a bad throw.

Dre11

Reaction score
True but you can't make those throws if the route isn't there.

Especially on the 12 yard line. Throw it away and take the 3 points.

All that said, if you want Dak to throw with anticipation then he has to trust his receivers will be where they are suppose to be. That's why most of the time he waits for receivers to get open first before throwing.

Just can't make those mistakes in the redzone, especially inside the 15. Take the points

Do y'all not understand timing routes. The ball is gone before the wr makes his break. The ball isn't on a string where you can pull back....lol

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Biggest takeaway from the first half: this offense is painful to watch. No deep threats. Everything is within 10 yards of the LOS. Can’t beat elite teams like this.

Turpin is only speed threat and he never gets to play.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The receivers have let the QB down today.. That's the third time this year that Lamb has failed to cross in front of the safety resulting in an INT.. I think one was actually dropped but that absolutely has to get fixed ...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Thanks. Figures.
There's some logic to it.
If we score first and put Green Bay in the hole, the Packers will likely pass the ball, which plays to our strength.
But the gamble was predicated on if we scored a touchdown. But we did not.
Sigh.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think that second one was equally on Lamb and his lazy route running. Lamb routinely hangs his QB out to dry by allowing defenders to cut in front of him.

What’s your opinion on it?

I think it is a combination. I don't think the Prescott-Lamb connection is or will be what people thought. I don't like them forcing the offense to Lamb. Dak is culpable in that too. Def not without blame..

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Biggest takeaway from the first half: this offense is painful to watch. No deep threats. Everything is within 10 yards of the LOS. Can’t beat elite teams like this.

Turpin is only speed threat and he never gets to play.
Simi is our second fastest receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.