Cowboys vs Commanders memories

Dre11

Reaction score
I was at this game in 1999, My buddy and I took a beating in the stands with Skins fans talking all kinds of trash. The were up 21 in the 4th. Then came this in OT that gave us the ammunition to just go off on those same skins fan from the seat to the parking lot

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Just a few days before the game, a floral delivery arrived at the Cowboys practice facility in North Dallas. It was a funeral wreath from a florist in Rockville, Maryland (a suburb of Washington D.C.) sent to the Cowboys in “sympathy” for their upcoming loss to the Commanders.

But Cowboys defensive end Harvey Martin, the best pass rusher on the team, didn’t take kindly to the gesture. He was mad about it the whole week. In fact, he put the wreath in front of his locker as a sort of motivational tool (as if anyone needed any extra motivation to play the Commanders!).

Roger is blitzed, he throws to Hill sprinting towards the back of the end zone. IT’S A TOUCHDOWN!!!! With the extra point by kicker Rafael Septien, the Cowboys win the game, 35-34. It’s an awesome comeback. It’s one of the greatest finishes to any game ever played at Texas Stadium.

“YOU GOTTA BELIVE!”

The Cowboys are celebrating because they’ve won the NFC East and a spot in the playoffs. But there’s a little thing that’s still nagging Harvey Martin…that darned wreath!

Read the whole story..... http://www.5pointsblue.com/special-delivery-funeral-wreath-stories-cowboys-Commanders-rivalry/

xphoto-42-696x1024.jpg.pagespeed.ic.V2IBY_Ug25.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clint Longley - the Mad Bomber!

I'm sure most know the story, but in case some younger fans don't, it was the Thanksgiving game in 1974. The Skins had vowed to knock Staubach out of the game, and sure enough they did. Clint Longley, who played at D-II Abilene Christian, came into the game with the Cowboys down 16-3 in the 3rd quarter, and threw for 203 yards and 2 TDs to lead the Cowboys to a come from behind victory.

Then there was the dark side of Longley ... but that's a story for another time.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Coach Landry's last game at RFK.
we beat'm 24-17.
Michael Irvin had a really good game that day.

my favorite rivalry....loved it when we played them at RFK in the 80s wearin those navy jerseys and silver pants.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

I'm sure most know the story, but in case some younger fans don't, it was the Thanksgiving game in 1974. The Skins had vowed to knock Staubach out of the game, and sure enough they did. Clint Longley, who played at D-II Abilene Christian, came into the game with the Cowboys down 16-3 in the 3rd quarter, and threw for 203 yards and 2 TDs to lead the Cowboys to a come from behind victory.

Then there was the dark side of Longley ... but that's a story for another time.
That's my best memory too, I won a nickle from my uncle, who was a Giants fan. We were at his house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Just a few days before the game, a floral delivery arrived at the Cowboys practice facility in North Dallas. It was a funeral wreath from a florist in Rockville, Maryland (a suburb of Washington D.C.) sent to the Cowboys in “sympathy” for their upcoming loss to the Commanders.

But Cowboys defensive end Harvey Martin, the best pass rusher on the team, didn’t take kindly to the gesture. He was mad about it the whole week. In fact, he put the wreath in front of his locker as a sort of motivational tool (as if anyone needed any extra motivation to play the Commanders!).

Roger is blitzed, he throws to Hill sprinting towards the back of the end zone. IT’S A TOUCHDOWN!!!! With the extra point by kicker Rafael Septien, the Cowboys win the game, 35-34. It’s an awesome comeback. It’s one of the greatest finishes to any game ever played at Texas Stadium.

“YOU GOTTA BELIVE!”

The Cowboys are celebrating because they’ve won the NFC East and a spot in the playoffs. But there’s a little thing that’s still nagging Harvey Martin…that darned wreath!

Read the whole story..... http://www.5pointsblue.com/special-delivery-funeral-wreath-stories-cowboys-Commanders-rivalry/

xphoto-42-696x1024.jpg.pagespeed.ic.V2IBY_Ug25.jpg
"Awesome ring back of the ingrained rivalry, BROTHER! ,,,#72 TOO TALL JONES GOTTA' HAD A SAY IN THE ENSHRINEMENT,,,EH?

Melonfeud

Reaction score

He was of the pit viper type No doubt!,,,:lmao::starspin::lmao:

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the clip of tony dorsett throwing the football at a Commander standing about 2 feet away during a fight? The ball bounced off the top of his helmet. I saw it once years ago and haven’t seen it since.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I remember all of those games. Thanks for bringing them back to me.

I'll spare you the details of my Commanders-Cowboys battle in Texas Stadium. Just think Triplets ROH and Santana Moss.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the clip of tony dorsett throwing the football at a Commander standing about 2 feet away during a fight? The ball bounced off the top of his helmet. I saw it once years ago and haven’t seen it since.
I'd luv seeing #33 in combat attack mode,,myself,,,,Yes!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Who can forget the classic clash of The Movable Object and The Stoppable Force?

2001: Monday Night Football

The (0-4) Cowboys kneaded the (0-4) Commanders to defeat with a final score of 9-7.

Washington had absolutely no answer for K- Tim Seder.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Danny White led 20 point comeback on MNF in 1983 , Commanders were defending champs and would make SB again that year losing to Raiders. Was one of Danny's finest moments and the game was in Washington.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Danny White led 20 point comeback on MNF in 1983 , Commanders were defending champs and would make SB again that year losing to Raiders. Was one of Danny's finest moments and the game was in Washington.
that was our 1st game of the season if I remember.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Who can forget the classic clash of The Movable Object and The Stoppable Force?

2001: Monday Night Football

The (0-4) Cowboys kneaded the (0-4) Commanders to defeat with a final score of 9-7.

Washington had absolutely no answer for K- Tim Seder.
Yer' jest a regular sweet tart of exuberance,,,eh?

Proximo

Reaction score
Doesn’t really have any historical significance, but significant in my memory as it’s the only Commanders Cowboys game I’ve attended-

The 2014 season finale. Was a great game to attend live- we went into the game 11-4 and our playoff position was locked up. We ended up dropping 30+ points on them in a fun win. Was a good time.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I was at this game in 1999, My buddy and I took a beating in the stands with Skins fans talking all kinds of trash. The were up 21 in the 4th. Then came this in OT that gave us the ammunition to just go off on those same skins fan from the seat to the parking lot

I have been to the old vet in 1991 tonwatch us beat the eagles in week 15 that essentiallygave us the nfc eastbtitle over the gangrene defense. I was at the giants game when odb made that one handed grab a few years back. I have not been to the Commanders game yet.

My memories go back to theisman, and I remember watching that bowling ball John rigging kick our arse over and over. Soon, we will make the trip to see this rivalry..... I think I want to see it in Washington before seeing it for a home game.