Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks Post game thread ***

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Turn it over 3 times to none and you have less than a 20% chance of winning. The coaches didn't turn it over. Dak then WRs then OL and Linehan helped lose this game but it was TO Diff.

Agreed. It's hard to win with turnovers, dropped passes, an injured kicker and no LT for your offense. I really hope they can get Tyron Smith fully healthy for next year, but bad backs have a way of becoming chronic. Ask Tony Romo.

zeke21

Reaction score
It was Xmas day proper here in Australia and I halted my entire families Christmas morning so that I could sit and watch. My excitement at Xmas breakfast was palpable as I watched the Lions lose and then the Falcons. I really thought the Bucs were going to get there for the perfect trifecta but again they came just that inch short. Nevermind I thought.. our destiny was now in our hands. A threadbare Hawks team with holes everywhere, a fired up Zeke ready to run through walls and our season still on the line. I grabbed my pringles and settled in.

I then watched the Griswald christmas unfold before my eyes. Sure it starts nicely, Zeke pounding the rock with on 1st and 2nd but then we put it in Dak's hands to move the chains and it is an adventure with every throw. We gain field position advantage as our defence looks like it has finally come to play against a weak and, honestly pathetic, Seahawks offence. We drive down the field with purpose at the start of the 2nd and my hope are high... but alas we fall short and a FG has to suffice. I start to feel nerves as history suggests that settling for FG's in the red zone will always bite you later on.

I listen to the commentators starting to suggest that Dez is a little upset. I see the tape on 3 wide open routes that would have probably produced points but I wonder quietly why Dez hasn't realised that Dak simply can't throw it that far?! Surely by now #88 understands that he is not going to get a shot down field until it is too late to change the outcome? I watch Zeke pound the rock and his 4 yarders are creeping up to 7-8 yarders and it isn't even half time yet! My mind is filled with dreaming as I wonder if a Christmas miracle is due. Then Dez gets the dumped pass and told to 'go and get it'... you know the play. The one where we ask Dez to make 8+ YAC and look the hero... which sometimes he does but more often he doesn't. I watch the loose carry.. I watch the ball expertly punched out. I see the playoffs fading as our defence trots back out.

With predictability we can't hold them even for a 3 and suddenly, and harshly, they are in front on the scoreboard but not in stats. I watch us in our 2 minute drill and lament our lack of speed. The concept of clock management still eludes this team and it starts to fry my brain. My Pringles are almost done and my kids are impatient to open the tree. I am resolute that Christmas will not happen until I watch this whole game through.

The second half starts, we are still in front and the D has done its job once again. Then Dak steps up to bat and alas we are in trouble. The run is abandoned for a reason only our sideline goons would know and Dak looks all at sea. Then it happens, clear as day, no excuses.. a ball for Zeke or maybe Dez.. we will never know.. sails directly to the Hawks and a pick 6 goes on the board. The Pringles are now gone and the tree looks inviting... my kids faces are pleading and I'm tempted to give it away. The big blue star is too strong and I stay, glued to this growing car crash and hope a little yet. Once again we start driving and my hope begins to rise, surely this time a TD and the playoffs but alas its not to be. Another bailey FG and we are within touching distance still.

The D is magnificent and stalls another Seahawks drive. We are still in this, 2017 still holds a prize. Dak begins to lead us and Zeke is ignored. I try to remain calm as we splutter up the field again. Then it happened again, our inaccurate QB misses our out of touch WR1 slightly and the intercept is done. I know the board will argue and the truth is they are both to blame. I pray for our D to hold and keep us in the contest but its a short field and the heads are already dropping as we've seen this all before.

The TD is duly scored and we trail by 9 by now.. two scores are needed and quickly, could my Christmas still be merry? We drive the ball with ease, Zeke gets a few carries as well. Their defence is starting to tire and hope begins to build. Finally a Beasley sighting and we have a first and goal on the 3 yard line. Zeke is back and waiting, I can see the spike in my mind. This moment is going to be epic, surely one for the reel! The ball is snapped and zeke carri... what.. no we are going RPO with Dak keeping the ball? Seems like a strange one for sure but he is stopped at the line of scrimmage.. no harm done I guess with the call. We line up and this time surely, we go with our biggest weapon. A sweep, a draw or just run through the guts? Only Zeke will know and the ball is snapped and zeke carri... what.. not again, the fans have been ignored.. the ball is still in Dak's hands as he scurries about. Bease waves his hands in the endzone but the moment has passed. My hopes fade with the laundry floating and I don't need to hear the call. We lose 10 yards on the hold and then 5 more just to add to the pain. 3rd and forever as we go backwards and I know this game is done. Dak dumps it short, for reasons I will never understand nor care too and the moment passese. Bailey trots out for the FG to keep it alive and its up and wide. The game is now surely gone. I stare at my kids longing faces and know it is time. I switch the TV to mute to watch the remaining 5.

I see our D try, our coaches waste a challenge but nothing new in that. They don't score but they have sucked the clock and that is surely enough. We start a drill for the sidelines, knowing we need two scores.. time is of the essence but nope we keep dumping it off. Seconds tick by and the situation becomes desperate. Despite the dodgy grions and patchy record since returning.. we send Bailey out in hope. The kick sails wide and our season is over. Clapper is still going strong. The TV goes black as I turn my back and return to my waiting feast. I'd like to think this will be enough to make me abandon Jerry and his merry band but I know time will soften me. I know I'll be back, along with all those who feel like me, and we will watch this horror show roll on. I wish for the return of Romo, a competent coach and a shot at glory... maybe there is a Christmas miracle next year and my Boys will win the silverware. Until then Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!