Game Day *** Cowboys vs Washington post game thread ***

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
First Thanksgiving Day game I’ve missed in years. Family emergency..

Looks like an emergency happened on the field too. I read that Erving and Zach got hurt in the first half. I would say the game was probably over when that happened.

Last edited:

Plankton

Reaction score
I'm sure loving this coaching upgrade.

6Nbv.gif

CWR

Reaction score
Looks like that brief shinning moment of fun on Sundays is now over. Back to our regularly scheduled suck fest.

Cmac

Reaction score
This loss has to be laid squarely at the feet of the coaches. After Zack went down we barely even attempted to run the ball.. the 4th down plays were absolute horsebleep and after seeing that Ronald Darby cannot run with Cooper in the first half we took exactly ZERO shots against the matchup in the second half. Coop should have had 200 yards and 4 TDs today..
I'm not gonna watch this mess over again, but I'm guessing WFT adjusted coverage to help Darby. Usual problem.....no counter to the adjustment. WFT corners aren't that good, but we never exploited other match-ups, and then compounded the mess with some questionable red-zone calls, some very questionable short yardage calls, and the inexplicably reach for trick plays. I expected Dalton to audible out of some of the bad calls, but that didn't happen and I'm baffled by that, given he is a veteran QB. Our coaching decisions changed a close game and to me, that is unacceptable, and disheartening, because JJ refuse to recognize the obvious.

Motorola

Reaction score
Cowboys' overall record on Thanksgiving: 31-21-1.
First Thanksgiving Day game I’ve missed in years. Family emergency..

Looks like an emergency happened on the field too. I read that Erving and Zach got hurt in the first half. I would say the game was probably over when that happened.
NO.....as you probably reviewed the game recap, you've noticed the Cowboys were only behind by four points early in the 4th quarter.

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
I only watched the first half and I'm not surprised by the result. WFT's offense is grinding and was always going to gas the defence eventually. And bleep me, if Ron Rivera is the face of that team than they are going places, that man cuts a presence on the sideline, you can just sense the W players don't want to disappoint that man. Our team is led by a billionaire fossil.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
The team had a tragic passing during the week, missed two practices in a short week, and lost both tackles early in the game.

I still expected a competitive game, but after a fourth down failure and a Zeke fumble, and what I listed above, it’s too much for a team to overcome. I think a weak secondary and MM over reaching is asking too much for the rest of the team.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i just can't stomach that we're this bad.
i thought when we replaced garrett with a real coach that things would fall into place.
but this season is like an antagonist.
just keeps following us around...hurling insults and rocks as we continue to stumble along.
when it looks like things may break our way...here comes that damn antagonist again.
we are what we are.
and i can't stomach that.
and there ain't a damn thing i can do about it.
here comes that damn antagonist again.
just wish he'd leave us the hell alone.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Cowboys' overall record on Thanksgiving: 31-21-1.

NO.....as you probably reviewed the game recap, you've noticed the Cowboys were only behind by four points early in the 4th quarter.

Of course I saw the score. My point was that we weren’t going to score many points without those two, as the back ups are atrocious, and it would seem to be that was the case given that we put up only 3 points in the second half and had a measly 247 yards overall. What did we have? 70 or 80 yards in the second half?

It would seem they were sorta, kinda okay for the rest for the first half without those two but I’d have to guess most of that was smoke and mirrors.

Last edited: