Game Day *** Cowboys vs Washington post game thread ***

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Division is still there for the TANKING!!

Yep, this game was pretty much a must win for any realistic chance to win the division.

We are now 2 games back of Washington with 5 games left and the Ravens are next. So we are looking at 3-9 with 4 games left.

Its over.

ghst187

Reaction score
We should’ve seen some of this coming when they hired Rivera and drafted 12 stud DL in the first round. That DL was built to stop our OL back when our OL was good. Rivera will always have that D good enough to keep the team competitive now.
I can only hope this disaster will make jerry mad enough to can mike and Nolan and cut some overpaid players.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It just is not our year. You can argue that 3 of our top 5 players have been missing since week four. We lost our best player on the first drive of the game. I am concerned with the health of Tyron, Martin and Collins going forward because it seems like all three have had injuries recently. Andy “Dandy” and Zeke our JAGS. The defense needs a Washington Football team type overhaul, meaning two years of high draft choices allocated to the defense.

Carson

Reaction score
The team had a tragic passing during the week, missed two practices in a short week, and lost both tackles early in the game.

I still expected a competitive game, but after a fourth down failure and a Zeke fumble, and what I listed above, it’s too much for a team to overcome. I think a weak secondary and MM over reaching is asking too much for the rest of the team.

The game was competitive despite moronic coaching.

Their first TD aided by a terrible call on Lewis
Our moronic play calling on 3rd and 4th and 1. Clear non PI turned in another short field and points
Jaylon not scoring and then Moore being super cute from inside the 4
CeeDee dropping a TD that ties the game
The brilliant 4th down fake punt. Down 4, stopped them 3 consecutive times. Instead we fake it and it’s game over.

We competed. But at the end of the day, they are better coached and didn’t have to overcome stupidity

It just is not our year. You can argue that 3 of our top 5 players have been missing since week four. We lost our best player on the first drive of the game. I am concerned with the health of Tyron, Martin and Collins going forward because it seems like all three have had injuries recently. Andy “Dandy” and Zeke our JAGS. The defense needs a Washington Football team type overhaul, meaning two years of high draft choices allocated to the defense.

I agree. This is what baffles me when opposing fans and media talk crap. Look at the injuries

QB 1
TE 1
LT 1, LT 2, LT 3
C 1, C 2
RG 1
RT 1, RT 2

DT 1, DT 2, DT 3
LB 1
CB 1, CB 2, CB 3, CB 4
P

All missed the season or significant time. You just can’t compete with that.

By comparison WFT is missing

QB (debatable who is better Allen or Smith. No clear drop off here obviously)
LT
SS
FS was out this game

Last edited:

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Didnt realize our new head coach was such a gambling man. Guess he thinks he still has an Ace (Aaron Rodgers) up his sleeve. Lol...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
First Thanksgiving Day game I’ve missed in years. Family emergency..

Looks like an emergency happened on the field too. I read that Erving and Zach got hurt in the first half. I would say the game was probably over when that happened.

We actually hung in there for a while......but we couldn't run the football consistently. Down 20-13....When we couldn't punch the ball in inside their 5 yard line to tie it up....I knew we were in trouble. I have a hard time believing 4 cracks inside the 5 w/ Zeke....and we run a draw that got stuffed...

a reverse.....that went no where. The Lamb drop....then the FG.

That should speak volumes about the state of the team. They don't trust Zeke anymore. Especially since he's started to lay the ball on the carpet....and he's not willing to run hard between the tackles anymore. All this dancing...."be patient" is a bunch of BS. He's running scared....scared to get hit. I think it's fairly obvious...since I've played the position.

lostar2009

Reaction score
This game mark the end of the Cowboys being America's team. It's JJ team and he turn it into a joke.