RELEASED Cowboys waiving K Garibay, expected to sign Maher

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Not sure why everyone keeps saying Forbath. He is likely done after ankle surgery. He missed all of 2021 and remains unsigned

Because he's more consistent and talented than Maher if 100%.

Forbath should been kept over Greg the Leg.

Carson

Reaction score
Because he's more consistent and talented than Maher if 100%.

Forbath should been kept over Greg the Leg.
If healthy yea.

He’s not an option as he kick all of 2021 and remains unsigned. The ankle injury was likely serious

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup. Who could forget the extra kickoff coverage guy experiment?

..........David Buehler
Yup, not to mention two punters the same year (2011) as the two kickers! Hence, the eventual outcome of K Dan Bailey and
P Chris Jones

quickccc

Reaction score
Sounds like we're going into this NFL season poorly prepared at the critical FG kicking role.

A guy we let go because he was so erratic and inconsistent that he's so content and comfortable about " sleeping well tonight " without concern about accountability.
We're actually desperately asking him to come back have a re-do again ?

:thumbdown:

Reactions: BAT

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's hope the competition with Hajrullaha and Maher inspires both of them to work like mad to better their kicking! Problem solved. :flagwave:

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
That's because it doesn't, but a move needed to be made, I hope more are coming concerning the kicking.
They should use the approach that was made famous by the high school coach from Arkansas. Never punt or kickoff and always go for it on 4th down. That eliminates the need for a kicker and punter. That coach has a high winning percentage and he has won championships by being different. What does the Cowboys have to lose? 26 years with no Super Bowl. I am ready for them to try anything.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Well that’s insane . You can’t go for it on 4th down deep on your own territory then give your opponent the ball at your 30 yard line . A punter like Anger is worth every penny in flipping the field and giving your defense field position .

And the Mason Crosby types or that kicker in Baltimore Justin Tuck who are just about automatic 45 and in are also valuable . You have to score points . Getting rid of Zuerlein has Jerry’s fingerprints all over it . Reliable kickers are not easy to find . And they got rid of him with no real replacement . Dumb.

Carson

Reaction score
Well that’s insane . You can’t go for it on 4th down deep on your own territory then give your opponent the ball at your 30 yard line . A punter like Anger is worth every penny in flipping the field and giving your defense field position .

And the Mason Crosby types or that kicker in Baltimore Justin Tuck who are just about automatic 45 and in are also valuable . You have to score points . Getting rid of Zuerlein has Jerry’s fingerprints all over it . Reliable kickers are not easy to find . And they got rid of him with no real replacement . Dumb.
I agree. However, Zuerlein was the furthest thing from consistent here.

With that being said, I fully expect him to go 29/30 and then 35/35 from XP and have a Pro Bowl season.

I would seriously consider bringing in Pineiro if he loses out to Greg.