Cowboys will get run off field again if no major upgrades at DL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wood, Mar 14, 2019.

1. cristglo

cristglo Well-Known Member

486 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    I guess some didnt hear ya lol

I think the Covington addition is an upgrade plus we still have the draft.

2. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

420 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    What's up with the BJones hatred?

Its been a while since Dallas has a top CB.

Techsass, xwalker and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  3. SackMaster

SackMaster Well-Known Member

251 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    All I am saying is when you don't vary approaches, smart coaching staffs will pick up tendencies and be able to coach their players on how to take advantage of said tendencies.

Feel free to go back and read what the Rams OLine said about easily understanding what the Cowboys DLine was planning on doing any given play in that game.

So again, we can go get whoever is available, on either side of the ball, but if the opposition has keys they can easily read and exploit, our players will have an extremely hard time doing their jobs.

4. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,935 Messages
    7,343 Likes Received
    No it isn’t, and let’s be fair and admit it isn’t the D-Line alone that is responsible for stopping the run. Our two very good, but very young, LBs did a poor job in that game too. They will get even better and learn from the experience. And hopefully the coaches learned from it as well and have s their team better prepared.

None of this is to say we couldn’t use an upgrade in the DL ...

Techsass and nightrain like this.
  5. Falco78

Falco78 Well-Known Member

1,073 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Superbowl!!!!! *insert Jerrah's (a fifth deep on Johnny Walker) "we got this" voice*

6. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

5,575 Messages
    8,105 Likes Received
    +1.......too many posters clouding an exceptional season our rush defense had ( finish top 5 ) over one game where we simply got caught with our pants down. What interesting it wasn't just one player, the entire D seem a step slower and missing tackles. Missing tackles surprised me coz we were one of the better tackling teams in the league

7. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

5,575 Messages
    8,105 Likes Received
    Wouldn't be opposed to trading Jones but I don't think our coaches or FO would want Suh anywhere near this team, even for a vet min contract. Looks as if he may very well get the Dez Bryant 2018 treatment from the league but for different reasons. It appears the dude is simply playing for money.

Missed an excellent chance to upgrade DT last season by not going hard after for Snack Harrison.

Techsass likes this.
  8. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

2,314 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    So because Kris got out coached in one game we are supposed to forget that we were top 5 in the NFL against the run the rest of the season and previous playoff game? Cowboys fans....we have to be better.

9. Ddisco22

Ddisco22 Well-Known Member

1,155 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    I disagree with both of these, we've needed a secondary for years, why get rid of B.J. and put yourself back in the same situation. And would Suh fit our scheme, I'm not sure about that plus if they were going to spend that kind of money they would have gotten someone a little better at another position.
    Is your last name Jones? LOL

10. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

49,805 Messages
    46,449 Likes Received
    You have to be better.

First, start with learning that Rod Marinelli coaches the defensive line that was responsible for getting gashed for 270 yards.

Everyone can see through your misplaced, misinformed attempt to pin things on Kris Richard.

11. ItzKelz

2,314 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    The truth is it was our LBs specifically LVE that was getting yelled at by the play caller of the defense. And instead of changing the plays.....he decided to Sean Lee in the game. Kris did not recognize what was happening and made no adjustments. I respect the fact that he admitted that he was the problem....learn from it.

12. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

49,805 Messages
    46,449 Likes Received
    You should never give anyone advice about learning. Ever.

13. ItzKelz

2,314 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    Hope you feel better about yourself

14. RodeoJake

RodeoJake Well-Known Member

1,379 Messages
    2,172 Likes Received
    I've only seen the kid play in a couple games, but he looks like a go getter to me. He could become this years find like Woods last year.

Techsass, cristglo and Daillest88 like this.
  15. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

884 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    Honestly I think we just got outplayed. They wanted it more and they beat us up all day. I also kind of agree with you about the out coached angle.

75boyz likes this.
  16. bark

bark Well-Known Member

5,730 Messages
    6,542 Likes Received
    Come on people it was the shoes

17. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

3,021 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    :thumbup:

bark likes this.
  18. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

3,021 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    Not surprised? Cowboys have drafted a grand total of ONE defensive tackle in the first 6 rounds in the last 10 years. Maliek Collins in the third round in 2016.

I'll be surprised. Collins, Ross and Woods all DTs, and T. Crawford plays DT quite a bit. Remember what the Cowboys have said "We like our guys"

Cowboys' coaches don't think DT is a top priority for the team, clearly...

19. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971 Zone Supporter

3,772 Messages
    6,174 Likes Received
    Th LBs were atrociously undisciplined, scouted very well by Wade and schooled by taking them out of most plays with motion and misdirection.

OmerV likes this.
  20. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

39,120 Messages
    35,739 Likes Received
    KR coached the back 7. Not much he could do about the DL scheme in the Rams game.

He can't just call plays that they haven't practiced.