Twitter: Cowboys will talk with Dez Bryant

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't agree. Dak and Dez were putting it together in the latter half of 2016. I think they can get there.

We'll learn more about that this year -- of that I'm certain. I actually hope you prove me wrong. I'd have no problem with Dez getting another chance to return to his old self and perhaps make his paycheck deservedly received. I expect Stephen to fight for a reasonable deal. Hopefully, something good for both parties would be the ideal setup. Arriving at it can get pretty dicey, though. Let's hope Dez doesn't remain too stubborn for his own good and that of the team as well. If he's as "loyal" as he claims to be, he would take an unselfish cut.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Whatever. You keep Dez and I'll take Jones.

Care to put up yards, catches and drops?

Why not, it's public info (8 more games and steady QB for Jones):

Drops
Dez = 12
Julio = 16

ATT/REC
Dez = 300/150 (50%)
Julio = 480/307 (63%)

Yards:
Dez = 2035
Julio = 4724

Proof

Reaction score
We'll learn more about that this year -- of that I'm certain. I actually hope you prove me wrong. I'd have no problem with Dez getting another chance to return to his old self and perhaps make his paycheck deservedly received. I expect Stephen to fight for a reasonable deal. Hopefully, something good for both parties would be the ideal setup. Arriving at it can get pretty dicey, though. Let's hope Dez doesn't remain too stubborn for his own good and that of the team as well. If he's as "loyal" as he claims to be, he would take an unselfish cut.

lol. these billionaire owners have fans heads so twisted and distorted.

jnday

Reaction score
This should have been included in the conversation that took place with Dez and the expectations of him learning to run more and better routes. They have certain expectations for a WR making that kind of money and it should have been included in the first conversation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dez has the 3rd highest cap hit of All WRs for this year. His average contact value is 275,000 less than Julio Jones. And ranks him 9th.

Hes half the player of Jones and shouldn't even be sniffing top 10 money in any category.
I don't care what everyone else gets. I don't care about Julio(he struggled last year too).

I'm saying on a 2 year 25 million dollar deal....doesn't sound as bad as giving Sammy Watkins the deal he got.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No he wouldn't. He'd be their number two at best. And you think Rivers would take 1 second of his outbursts?

Well, Philip Rivers and Tony Romo have that in common. How often did we see Tony Romo have to calm down his outbursts? In fact, they are similar enough QBs that I think Dez would actually find success there.

Gameover

Reaction score
I hope.

I'm a Dez fan. I know the cool thing to do is to hate on him right now and want him off the team but I don't think there is a Dez problem. I think it's a poor coaching and a QB problem as well.

Dez has to fix the dropped balls though but Dez dropping passes at the rate he did this year was a fluke.
Sure

He was flawed when he was receiving passes from precious— with age, those flaws become more highlighted

marius

Reaction score
We need to understand something, given the contract that Sammy Watkins had, Dez is underpaid; if they give an extension to Dez they would have to pay more than Sammy, so the smartest decision they can made is, cut or trade Dez after first June. and all that will depend, if in the draft the cowboys have the possibility of select a WR like Calvin Ridley with the 19th pick, if they select WR. they could make a trade for earl thomas or some other player, or just cut him. we can win with out Dez, but not with out Zeke.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I don't care what everyone else gets. I don't care about Julio(he struggled last year too).

I'm saying on a 2 year 25 million dollar deal....doesn't sound as bad as giving Sammy Watkins the deal he got.
The Watkins deal was bad.

Dez is over paid. The Packers let Nelson walk. We should be doing the same.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure what they are gonna talk about
You pay him or cut him
They have no leverage to force him to take a paycut

The threat of cutting him would be leverage, and even if it weren't, that doesn't prohibit them talking to him and trying to work something out to restructure to free up cap space.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Talk is cheap, what happens when he turns down a restructure that includes cutting his base salary and making him earn it back in incentives? he says no , now what do the Boys do?regardless of the Hurns and thomas signing and Twills injury, IM not sure any could be even as good as Dez was last year.. thats the issue BUT maybe its best for Dak to not FEEL the NEED to force it to Dez and this offense might be better off without Dez? im not sure but it could be the thought process...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sure

He was flawed when he was receiving passes from precious— with age, those flaws become more highlighted

Just get the ball in his hands. That needs to be the goal. Dez is a YAC guy that can high point a ball but the Cowboys want him just high pointing passes.

Also, let him return punts. He was incredible at it. Let him do it again.