Cowboys win if teams switch coaching staffs

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Rams and Cowboys had switched coaching staffs in March, the Cowboys would win the game.

OLine
I'll take the Cowboys players.

The individual players on the Rams OLine are OK but several of them struggled in the past with other coaches.

WR
Aikman loves the Rams WRs but he loves Amari Cooper even more and Aikman was one of the most critical QBs in regards to his expectations of WRs that I've ever seen. I saw him in training camp berating Kevin Williams for being 1 foot off from his expected break spot.

TE
Is Tyler Higbee as great player?

RB
Zeke in that scheme would have had 400 yards against the Cowboys DLine scheme.

QB
Dak did more with far far inferior coaching/scheme. The Rams coaches would exploit defenses with the threat of Dak running and would probably have better plays when he rolls out.

DLine
This is where the Rams clearly have more talent. Suh and Donald; however, the Cowboys DLine had a decent year but struggled with the Rams blocking and misdirection offensive scheme. Apparently, the Rams coaches also spent enough time review film to know all of the Cowboys DLine tendencies.

LBs
I'll take the Cowboys players but they can't do much when the DLine is getting gashed due to being out schemed.

CBs
I'll take the Cowboys players.

Safety
The Rams Safeties don't seem that great. I'll give them a slight nod over the Cowboys Safeties especially with Heath playing with 1 hand (Is his wrist straining or broken?).

Summary: Only Kris Richard gets a pass from me. The coverage was much improved this season and decent in the Rams game until they DBs had to start cheating up against the run because the DLine was getting gashed.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DLine
This is where the Rams clearly have more talent. Suh and Donald; however, the Cowboys DLine had a decent year but struggled with the Rams blocking and misdirection offensive scheme. Apparently, the Rams coaches also spent enough time review film to know all of the Cowboys DLine tendencies.

It was not just the scouting they did on the tendencies. It was the game plan itself. Whether it was Marinelli or Richard (I vote for the old man myself), it was a poorly designed and formulated plan. They never really seemed to take the Rams run game seriously, even after they jammed it down their throats for a while.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was not just the scouting they did on the tendencies. It was the game plan itself. Whether it was Marinelli or Richard (I vote for the old man myself), it was a poorly designed and formulated plan. They never really seemed to take the Rams run game seriously, even after they jammed it down their throats for a while.
That has been the standard operating procedure for this team for years now.

Their idea of a half-time adjustment is ..

"Okay, guys, we followed our game plan and it did not work, so what we are going to do in the second half is follow the same game plan and just play better this time."

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Cowboys could give up 80 points in a game and some here would give Richard a pass. But when they do well, it's because of Richard.

How about we put a statue of him outside of the stadium already?

Zman5

Reaction score
I've posted this on another thread.

Anthony Lynn is a second year coach who lost to GOAT Belichick.
Fran Reich is a rookie coach who lost to Reid who's been a HC for a long time and went to the SB.
Pederson is a second year coach who lost to Peyton who is also a SB winning veteran coach.
JG's been a HC for 8 1/2 years and lost to a 32 year old 2nd year HC.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The coaching staff(scheme/lack of innovation) is the #1 problem with this team by far which is enabled by Jerry and Co. The dysfunction runs rampant with no end in sight.......:thumbdown:

Alexander

Reaction score

Fran Reich is a rookie coach who lost to Reid who's been a HC for a long time and went to the SB.
Pederson is a second year coach who lost to Peyton who is also a SB winning veteran coach.
I think Garrett's record against rookie head coaches, for example, is pretty dismal.

Lost to both Lynn and McVay in convincing fashion last year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Cowboys could give up 80 points in a game and some here would give Richard a pass. But when they do well, it's because of Richard.

How about we put a statue of him outside of the stadium already?

Maybe coz it's still Martinelli's D and Kris only in his first year here. Not to mention he's the passing-game coordinator.

Alexander

Reaction score
That has been the standard operating procedure for this team for years now.

Their idea of a half-time adjustment is ..

"Okay, guys, we followed our game plan and it did not work, so what we are going to do in the second half is follow the same game plan and just play better this time."
It is not just in games.

This kind of perspective even leaks towards entire offseason plans.

When is the last time you have heard Garrett say a since thing about a goal for the team other than "learning" and "trying to get better". He is like poor parents of millennials. Hey, kids, just keep trying. Every day.

I am not joking. Name a concrete goal. Name a challenge he has thrown down at the feet of his players. Name a time he challenges them to be great. Just one glimmer of bravado, personality, something.

Yeah yeah, I get it. He has his own private secret messages he gives to the players that only they see.

Funny how none of them come out and talk about how inspirational and life changing it was after they leave.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Not sure age matters.......one thing that stands out notice the QBs for the final teams. Two future HOFers and two top 10 draft pick.

Zman5

Reaction score
Not sure age matters.......one thing that stands out notice the QBs for the final teams. Two future HOFers and two top 10 draft pick.

I'm pointing out experience. A 32 year old is limited by age in the amount of experience he/she can have.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

Coaching Matters more than ever in today’s NFL with the teams being so even talent wise.

If you think Garrett and Linehan game play and make adjustments as well as the coaches left in the playoffs you are either related to Garrett or you don’t know football.