Cowboys win if teams switch coaching staffs

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It is not just in games.

This kind of perspective even leaks towards entire offseason plans.

When is the last time you have heard Garrett say a since thing about a goal for the team other than "learning" and "trying to get better". He is like poor parents of millennials. Hey, kids, just keep trying. Every day.

I am not joking. Name a concrete goal. Name a challenge he has thrown down at the feet of his players. Name a time he challenges them to be great. Just one glimmer of bravado, personality, something.

Yeah yeah, I get it. He has his own private secret messages he gives to the players that only they see.

Funny how none of them come out and talk about how inspirational and life changing it was after they leave.
Garrett’s a joke!! Motivation and cheerleading only get s team so far. Game planning and putting your players in positions so it is easier to make plays is 100 times more import.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
"Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy" Sun Tzu

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." Bruce Lee

"We do what we do." Jason Garrett

I find the juxtaposition of these guys with Garrett just too hilarious. I've got the giggles.

visionary

Reaction score
The days of ragging on Jerry for the personnel are over for me. Yes, the team isn't perfect but it's good enough. It's this GD worthless coaching that's holding this franchise back. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Who keeps the coaches in place?

I'm sorry but it's all on jerry

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m sorry(not really)

Anyone that doesn’t see that we are at a severe disadvantage from a coaching perspective is not paying attention.

Just look at our formations and plays and compare to the Rams, Saints, Pats, hell, just about any other team. (there’s much more, but look at these) Especially on key downs. Everyone knows what will be run. Despite what Garrett says this is a stupid advantage to give to the other team.

We have one of the best runners at QB and we can’t or won’t use that. Either way it’s a poor use of talent on key downs.

That 4th down call was the worst you’ll see in football.

visionary

Reaction score
It is not just in games.

This kind of perspective even leaks towards entire offseason plans.

When is the last time you have heard Garrett say a since thing about a goal for the team other than "learning" and "trying to get better". He is like poor parents of millennials. Hey, kids, just keep trying. Every day.

I am not joking. Name a concrete goal. Name a challenge he has thrown down at the feet of his players. Name a time he challenges them to be great. Just one glimmer of bravado, personality, something.

Yeah yeah, I get it. He has his own private secret messages he gives to the players that only they see.

Funny how none of them come out and talk about how inspirational and life changing it was after they leave.

"Stacking"
Garrett believes in the goal of 'stacking'
He's Saud so many times

:muttley:

DezNuts

Reaction score
Cowboys win if we switch DTs.

Collins must have been banged up because Caraun Reid played a lot and my God was he awful. Keep drafting herds of D linemen. You need your best depth in the trenches because those guys brawl every play and will eventually get banged up, its not a question of if but when. Get another Collins type in the third round. Draft another DE later. Keep reinforcing. Oh btw screw you David Irving, Would have been real nice to have you on the field over Caraun Reid.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the Rams and Cowboys had switched coaching staffs in March, the Cowboys would win the game.

OLine
I'll take the Cowboys players.

The individual players on the Rams OLine are OK but several of them struggled in the past with other coaches.

WR
Aikman loves the Rams WRs but he loves Amari Cooper even more and Aikman was one of the most critical QBs in regards to his expectations of WRs that I've ever seen. I saw him in training camp berating Kevin Williams for being 1 foot off from his expected break spot.

TE
Is Tyler Higbee as great player?

RB
Zeke in that scheme would have had 400 yards against the Cowboys DLine scheme.

QB
Dak did more with far far inferior coaching/scheme. The Rams coaches would exploit defenses with the threat of Dak running and would probably have better plays when he rolls out.

DLine
This is where the Rams clearly have more talent. Suh and Donald; however, the Cowboys DLine had a decent year but struggled with the Rams blocking and misdirection offensive scheme. Apparently, the Rams coaches also spent enough time review film to know all of the Cowboys DLine tendencies.

LBs
I'll take the Cowboys players but they can't do much when the DLine is getting gashed due to being out schemed.

CBs

Safety
The Rams Safeties don't seem that great. I'll give them a slight nod over the Cowboys Safeties especially with Heath playing with 1 hand (Is his wrist straining or broken?).

Summary: Only Kris Richard gets a pass from me. The coverage was much improved this season and decent in the Rams game until they DBs had to start cheating up against the run because the DLine was getting gashed.
I have remarked in other threads that JG is the antheisis of the old Bum Phillips' quote:

"He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."

For all the complaints about Garrett - antiquainted scheme, poor game and clock management, etc - the one that stands out the most for me is that, more often than not, he is simply out coached.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If the Rams and Cowboys had switched coaching staffs in March, the Cowboys would win the game.

OLine

The individual players on the Rams OLine are OK but several of them struggled in the past with other coaches.

WR
Aikman loves the Rams WRs but he loves Amari Cooper even more and Aikman was one of the most critical QBs in regards to his expectations of WRs that I've ever seen. I saw him in training camp berating Kevin Williams for being 1 foot off from his expected break spot.

TE
Is Tyler Higbee as great player?

RB
Zeke in that scheme would have had 400 yards against the Cowboys DLine scheme.

QB
Dak did more with far far inferior coaching/scheme. The Rams coaches would exploit defenses with the threat of Dak running and would probably have better plays when he rolls out.

DLine
This is where the Rams clearly have more talent. Suh and Donald; however, the Cowboys DLine had a decent year but struggled with the Rams blocking and misdirection offensive scheme. Apparently, the Rams coaches also spent enough time review film to know all of the Cowboys DLine tendencies.

LBs
I'll take the Cowboys players but they can't do much when the DLine is getting gashed due to being out schemed.

CBs

Safety
The Rams Safeties don't seem that great. I'll give them a slight nod over the Cowboys Safeties especially with Heath playing with 1 hand (Is his wrist straining or broken?).

Summary: Only Kris Richard gets a pass from me. The coverage was much improved this season and decent in the Rams game until they DBs had to start cheating up against the run because the DLine was getting gashed.
:facepalm: The hate continues. We’ll have to suffer through these threads forever. Those consumed by their hate and blind to the positives about the team.

strongarmqb

Reaction score
All you have to do is look at each teams 4th down calls to find out all you need to know about a coach.
The “inexperienced” coach called something not expected. Ours? A hand off straight into a 10 man box....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You could say this for just about every game this season...………..seriously, we win despite the limitations of our coaching.