Cowboys won’t win until they become a pass happy offense

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
No. Being diversified is the key.

Tell me, did you think the Rams were an offense capable of a 250 yard rushing day?

Being able to do either and having a coach who is not married to either is important.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Every year there's always a different scapegoat. Last year was Zeke. This year it's the OC.

THIS year? Linehan should have been fired last year. And I'm not just talking about Linehan, I'm talking about the big 3. All of them need to be fired.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak has next year to prove if he can be that guy. No reason to write out a guy who has 7 touchdowns 2 interceptions in the playoffs.

Yeah, and dink’s and dunks his way to mediocrity. Brady has more yards passing in one half of football today than Prescott had in the whole game. Dakota plays NOT TO LOSE rather than play to win

So timid and afraid to go for the jugular and will his team to win unless it by him running the ball. That’s his comfort zone. Throw high percentage predictable short passes that every defense can contain and does nothing to spread the defense out to help his running back.

He’s out of years. Be gone timid Dakota

Section446

Reaction score
I've been saying this for 2 years now, we'll always just be what we are today as long as Dak is here. I know he's a nice guy, he's good for the community, guys in the locker room like him, etc... Fact is, guy just isn't a very good NFL QB, that's all there is to it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've been saying this for 2 years now, we'll always just be what we are today as long as Dak is here. I know he's a nice guy, he's good for the community, guys in the locker room like him, etc... Fact is, guy just isn't a very good NFL QB, that's all there is to it.

I don’t disagree with you but after watching Goff last night and how McVay did everything in the world to protect him I think Dak could be just as effective with better coaching.

Goff can be rattled. Dak at least has all the intangibles and is mobile.

I’m all for an upgrade at QB but with no first round pick and nothing available in Free Agency I think a quality coach could really make the Dak and Zeke combo hard to defend.

Someone has got to convince Dak to run more though.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I mean, did you watch the game last night? The Rams won by running it down our throats. Kind of weird timing to post something like this...

I don't think you have to be "pass happy" but you have to have a prolific passing offense to win in today's NFL. The Rams didn't pass the ball a ton yesterday but they do have a prolific passing offense and every time we tried to creep up on the line they would back is off with a 15-20 yard pass.

TexasTriumph

Reaction score
Forgive the simplistic answer to the topic but if Byron isn't called for that penalty I think everything changes in that game. The momentum was
slowly swinging our way. Also, if we convert that last 4th down play it could've changed everything.

The one weakness that everyone saw was our lack of stopping the run. Games are won and lost in the trenches....keep looking for talent to add to the D-line.
We play them again next year, there is time to correct this!

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with you but after watching Goff last night and how McVay did everything in the world to protect him I think Dak could be just as effective with better coaching.

Goff can be rattled. Dak at least has all the intangibles and is mobile.

I’m all for an upgrade at QB but with no first round pick and nothing available in Free Agency I think a quality coach could really make the Dak and Zeke combo hard to defend.

Someone has got to convince Dak to run more though.

There aren't any upgrades available in the 2019 draft anyway tbh. I think you start stockpiling draft capital for 2020 so you can move up and get one. Or 2021 when Lawrence comes out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We run too much and time of possession means we have no room for error.

Amari, Tavon, Gallup, and Zeke give us the personal to run an offense very similar to the saints.

To be more accurate, we wont win anything of consequence until we fix the Oline. Then we can legitimately open up the passing game. But will they open up the passing game?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There aren't any upgrades available in the 2019 draft anyway tbh. I think you start stockpiling draft capital for 2020 so you can move up and get one. Or 2021 when Lawrence comes out.

It will take a miracle for us to land a guy like Tua or Trevor Lawrence in the future. Those guys will go to an awful team.

Maybe Justin Herbert falls and we could move up.

Someone else will surely rise to the top of the draft as well.

Regardless the shortcut is just hiring a coach that believes in a 21st century offense.

I want Mcvays offense with some Shannahan roll outs. Dak would be great in that style of offense.

rags747

Reaction score
We run too much and time of possession means we have no room for error.

Amari, Tavon, Gallup, and Zeke give us the personal to run an offense very similar to the saints.
Agreed, just need to add in a qb that can mimick Drew...