Cowboys won’t win until they become a pass happy offense

rags747

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with you but after watching Goff last night and how McVay did everything in the world to protect him I think Dak could be just as effective with better coaching.

Goff can be rattled. Dak at least has all the intangibles and is mobile.

I’m all for an upgrade at QB but with no first round pick and nothing available in Free Agency I think a quality coach could really make the Dak and Zeke combo hard to defend.

Someone has got to convince Dak to run more though.
Dak is who he is, no coach in the world can improve him enough to be able to throw the ball all over the field, leave that to Mahomes and Brady.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can't be a pass happy offense b/c we don't have a QB that can conduct an aerial attack. Dak completes passes but he's not special in that regard. He still doesn't see the field and struggles hitting his wrs in stride. Cooper was open the whole night and he just doesn't see it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak is who he is, no coach in the world can improve him enough to be able to throw the ball all over the field, leave that to Mahomes and Brady.

Like I said.. I don’t disagree but with our run game and his mobility he is good enough to really cause headaches if you have a coordinator that embraces the chess side of football

willia451

Reaction score
The rams won that way because cowboys had to respect their passing game

ojn486p.jpg

jwitten82

Reaction score
You cant add. Had another 6 rushing TD's.

Let just not mince words. Dak made you trolls look stupid. :lmao2::lmao:
23 PASSING TD'S. Did you think Vick was a franchise qb? Because he had low td passes and high running tds for a qb too :lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
23 PASSING TD'S. Did you think Vick was a franchise qb? Because he had low td passes and high running tds for a qb too :lmao2:

Rushing TD's don't count to trolls. LOL

Another fool proven dead wrong.

Did you think Aikman sucked because he averaged 22 TD's a season?

Poor little troll. Rough 2nd half of the season for you eh?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
We run too much and time of possession means we have no room for error.
When you slow down the game and play ball control, you limit both teams' number of possessions -- not just your own. Ball control was working as long as the defense held up its end of the bargain.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Disagree completely. You have to have the ability to air it out in this league, but that doesnt have to be your identity.

Hell even the saints who you mentioned are based around kamara/Ingram. Brees didn't even have 4k yards this year
The 90s Cowboys were run oriented, but we had the weapons to engage in a shoot out.
The sad reality is that the Cowboys don't have the quarterback who can win a shoot out.
Dak may be efficient with the dink and dunk offense, but teams KNOW he is uncomfortable matching score for score. So they stack the box, man up on our receivers and say, "Okay, Dak, beat us."
We can beat the Giants and Jaguars and Commanders playing that way. But against the Rams and the Chiefs and New England? Nope.

Eddie

Reaction score
Nothing changes until Jerry Jones and his family are gone.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No. Being diversified is the key.

Tell me, did you think the Rams were an offense capable of a 250 yard rushing day?

Being able to do either and having a coach who is not married to either is important.
Yep just like the D is married to their cover 3 when the team they are playing are great at eating that scheme up. That's why the Pats are so good on top of having players they switch things up to give them the best chance at success.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Amari, Tavon, Gallup, and Zeke give us the personal to run an offense very similar to the saints.
Dont need to be pass happy, need a more dynamic offense......it's far too conservative with the dink and dunk...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I've been saying this for 2 years now, we'll always just be what we are today as long as Dak is here. I know he's a nice guy, he's good for the community, guys in the locker room like him, etc... Fact is, guy just isn't a very good NFL QB, that's all there is to it.
But, but, but he's clutch and has a 32-16 winning record. :rolleyes:

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I mean, did you watch the game last night? The Rams won by running it down our throats. Kind of weird timing to post something like this...
Because we were preparing for their pass game which they had been effective throughout the season.

rags747

Reaction score
Rushing TD's don't count to trolls. LOL

Another fool proven dead wrong.

Did you think Aikman sucked because he averaged 22 TD's a season?

Poor little troll. Rough 2nd half of the season for you eh?
Have you recovered from last night, your man did not lead us to victory and you were so positive.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Yeah, and dink’s and dunks his way to mediocrity. Brady has more yards passing in one half of football today than Prescott had in the whole game. Dakota plays NOT TO LOSE rather than play to win

So timid and afraid to go for the jugular and will his team to win unless it by him running the ball. That’s his comfort zone. Throw high percentage predictable short passes that every defense can contain and does nothing to spread the defense out to help his running back.

He’s out of years. Be gone timid Dakota
That’s more a symptom of our offensive philosophy. Down 2 scores only 2 deep passes were called.

garyv

Reaction score

Amari, Tavon, Gallup, and Zeke give us the personal to run an offense very similar to the saints.

In order to become a pass happy offense first you would have to forget Dak and sign Foles.

You would also have to sign a slot WR since Beasley might be gone. The thing is a pass happy offense would free Elliott to probably have an even bigger year. I just know Dak would not be the guy.