Twitter: Cowboys working out a safety today and one tomorrow

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Do they just need an excuse to not win so everyone can keep their jobs? Why is there no sense of urgency while Prescott and Elliott are on their rookie contracts and before Tyron and Sean Lee are old and busted?

Because they are not serious about winning. How many times do people have to fooled before they catch on.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Yes...let's sign the kid that blew the game vs Alabama in the college playoff. oh boy...:banghead: DS is horrible in zone coverage.

I am not arguing for him but not going to slam a kid that has never played either. Maybe he has improved? Maybe he is a JAG?

DiResta

Reaction score
I am not arguing for him but not going to slam a kid that has never played either. Maybe he has improved? Maybe he is a JAG?
look at his film
he is very low effort
it's just one thing after another, it isn't like he's flying around making mistakes
he looks like he's a fan that got a field pass and jersey

starfan1

Reaction score
And the melt down begins lol. We’ll be fine we don’t need Thomas

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

How much better can a kid get in 8 months? 2nd down and 26....and he cost his team the National Championship. That scar alone makes him untouchable in my book. As a single high safety...he's got one job...don't let anybody get deeper than you. And he couldn't even figure that out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Actually it's not that simple it's because of off the field issues. Has nothing to do with talent not translating to the NFL
HOPE YOUR RIGHT. You better be. Would hate to have to depend on guys like that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Because they are not serious about winning. How many times do people have to fooled before they catch on.
Apparently a lot.

The cute thing is that there were probably a ton of fans that woke up this morning and expected that they would do something roday to make this team better.

Guess what? They didn't. They did exactly as they have done for years. Tread water and sell hope.

It is kind of amusing that there is pretty much radio silence about now on this board.

With just the latent Gathers mewing, some Witten worship because of MNF and some nonsense threads about actually trading for Bridgewater being the top threads on this board at this moment.

Nobody wants to actually acknowledge the elephant in the room and that is when things break down, this franchise is not prepared to deal with it.

Last edited:

MCMetal69

Reaction score
look at his film
he is very low effort
it's just one thing after another, it isn't like he's flying around making mistakes
he looks like he's a fan that got a field pass and jersey

The people who run onto the field to pick up kicking tees after kickoffs show more hustle and speed......................

tm1119

Reaction score
The lack of signings in general is infuriating, but how stubborn this team is to certain types of players at certain positions is also ridiculous. Maybe Iloka is better at SS, but could it also be true that he’s better than what we have at FS? There are still guys on the market with significant playing time as at least adequate starting experience, maybe they aren’t perfect fits for the scheme but the coaches need to work with the most talented players we can get and make it work. Instead we stubbornly would rather put a scrub on the field that can’t play but fits the mold of what a FS should be.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The lack of signings in general is infuriating, but how stubborn this team is to certain types of players at certain positions is also ridiculous. Maybe Iloka is better at SS, but could it also be true that he’s better than what we have at FS? There are still guys on the market with significant playing time as at least adequate starting experience, maybe they aren’t perfect fits for the scheme but the coaches need to work with the most talented players we can get and make it work. Instead we stubbornly would rather put a scrub on the field that can’t play but fits the mold of what a FS should be.
I am just not sure what the problem is at the moment.

Is it the easiest answer is that they are incompetent?

How about the second easiest one? Laziness.

tm1119

Reaction score
I am just not sure what the problem is at the moment.

Is it the easiest answer is that they are incompetent?

How about the second easiest one? Laziness.

I have 2 theories...
1. They got beat on a few contracts and have sworn off free agency above a certain $ amount all together.
2. They have very strict height/weight/certain skill requirements for specific positions and refuse to deviate from them.

Either way, both are bad excuses to not try and improve the team, but I honestly can’t think of anything else.

Unless it really is stupidity, laziness or possibly just pure arogance....and if that’s the case we are in more trouble than we all thought.