Twitter: Cowboys working out a safety today and one tomorrow

Billyd

Reaction score
I have no issues with Ioka, But that wasnt the plan either...Any time the Cowboys are dragging their heels, you can bet its Stephen...Either way, if Ioka or other Fs With Skill FA.. We are still not one or two players away from a sb..Dont give me the anything can happen philly story..The Cowboys never get the sea parted..Lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
I can see their hesitation, in 11 days there will be an additional 1147 Free Agents on the market, you never know who will be among them.
Earl Thomas is still the cream of the crop. Its foolishness to wait. We have been patient,time to act. The only caveat is the price must come down.

Rayman70

Reaction score
who we foolin..if history tells us anything, the team will roll into the season with the guys we have on the roster more than likely. They cant see the forest for the trees.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seattle and Paul Allen think there players are worth more..so yes..most definitely is greed. They didn't fool anyone..so now its time for this to get done. No one wins in this if Thomas is disgruntled and holding out. Its a lose lose for Dallas,Seattle, and Thomas. I see something going down by this weekend.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he isn't a created clone of Deion Sanders I don't want'em.

The cowboys are doing more dumpster diving than whoopi Goldberg before fame.

This is how training camp works every year. Some like to read something into every move, but this is just filling a 90 man roster, and doing that means a lot of players that really don't have much chance of making a team. It's that way for all 32 teams.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
This guy is to donuts what the donut hole used to be...trash. But um, now we have discovered people/sheep will PAY for the hole!!

Billyd

Reaction score
Seattle and Paul Allen think there players are worth more..so yes..most definitely is greed. They didn't fool anyone..so now its time for this to get done. No one wins in this if Thomas is disgruntled and holding out. Its a lose lose for Dallas,Seattle, and Thomas. I see something going down by this weekend.

He was a forth right? Seattle getting Greedy..And I for one dont really like helping out a team, we have to play this season...Dont be criticizing Dallas for offering a decent mitigation of a player, that still playing at a pro bowl level..They decided to bring the cowboys to the party, our hookers not freak enough for Seattle..Eh.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Stephen Jones: We like what we have in house but we like what other teams have as well -- as long as they come cheap. :rolleyes:

Billyd

Reaction score
Hey, at this point, Earl aint gonna be ready for game 1, or 2..Sure wouldnt be for Dallas if you made the trade tomorrow...This is a moot point..Maybe if they let him hit the market..Dallas made their play, Really i dont think he is worth what it will cost on the reneg or extension..

Sydla

Reaction score
Hey, at this point, Earl aint gonna be ready for game 1, or 2..Sure wouldnt be for Dallas if you made the trade tomorrow...This is a moot point..Maybe if they let him hit the market..Dallas made their play, Really i dont think he is worth what it will cost on the reneg or extension..

If they traded for Thomas tomorrow, he'd be ready to play Week 1. There's more than enough time to get into game shape and he doesn't need to learn much defensively as he's played in Richard's system already.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
This is how training camp works every year. Some like to read something into every move, but this is just filling a 90 man roster, and doing that means a lot of players that really don't have much chance of making a team. It's that way for all 32 teams.

I just don't like all of these injuries. Its becoming insane. I would say preseason needs to be limited but look what happened in just two games.

VACowboy

Reaction score
It's sad that possible championship opportunities are going to be thrown down the drain by this penny pinching front office who thinks they are geniuses at finding bargains. I can't wait to see Aaron Rodgers slice up our defense for the 50th time at the close of the game. We are seriously wasting the cheap contracts of Dak and Zeke.

I agree that it seems like the FO could and should have done more to address the safety position earlier in and all through the offseason, but I think the failure to do so was a philosophical decision, not a financial one. Marinelli just doesn't put high (any?) priority on safeties. I personally hate acquiring talent to fit a scheme instead of acquiring the best players available and scheming to their talent, but I don't get much say. Hopefully head coach Richard has his own ideas.

The Dominick Sanders signing is to get a body for practice and the preseason. I don't think the Cowboys see him as more than that. With Xavier Woods, Jameill Showers, and Marqueston Huff hurt, they have to get through the preseason.

Oh no! Common sense! Run!

Incidentally, if we add Iloka we'll have three SS on the roster, plus mister Sanders. Does a starting safety set of Iloka and Heath inspire joy?

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree that it seems like the FO could and should have done more to address the safety position earlier in and all through the offseason, but I think the failure to do so was a philosophical decision, not a financial one. Marinelli just doesn't put high (any?) priority on safeties. I personally hate acquiring talent to fit a scheme instead of acquiring the best players available and scheming to their talent, but I don't get much say. Hopefully head coach Richard has his own ideas.

Oh no! Common sense! Run!

Incidentally, if we add Iloka we'll have three SS on the roster, plus mister Sanders. Does a starting safety set of Iloka and Heath inspire joy?

Iloka isn't just a SS. I don't care what Stephen will try to say.

Iloka played FS the last fee years, and played decently, in a defense that utilizes the Cover 3 alignment, something Richard uses. I think people look at sizes and heights and pigeon hole them into roles.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
A Draft pick isn't wasted if it is traded

You still get a great player

If we trade for EThomas we get a great FS that we need badly.......and we get him NOW

Who cares if we have to pay him what he is worth..... Not having him is like having bald tires on a 4x4

VACowboy

Reaction score

Iloka played FS the last fee years, and played decently, in a defense that utilizes the Cover 3 alignment, something Richard uses. I think people look at sizes and heights and pigeon hole them into roles.

I'll admit, I know zip about him, which is why I asked. Can i file your answer under YES?

Heath has played FS some too, but you think Iloka would be the one playing center field?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

I didn't see him make one play Saturday night......... just another SS to me