Twitter: Cowboys working out a safety today and one tomorrow

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hey, at this point, Earl aint gonna be ready for game 1, or 2..Sure wouldnt be for Dallas if you made the trade tomorrow...This is a moot point..Maybe if they let him hit the market..Dallas made their play, Really i dont think he is worth what it will cost on the reneg or extension..
I would still trade for him in Oct..... it is how you are playing in January that matters the most

cristglo

Reaction score
I feel that each team is waiting on the other to blink. Seattle is hoping that Dallas will get desperate and give them a 2nd and possibly a player. Dallas is hoping that Seattle gets tired of the hold out and see they are ok at safety and to avoid anymore grumblings Seattle will go ahead and take our 3rd. I stated on another board that It would really be funny to me if ET only shows up for the 6 games to have an accrued season. ET has a so/so year and Seattle has a good enough season to get a top 25 draft pick. As hard as this will be for me to sit through another terrible season Dallas has a pretty bad year and has a top 10 pick. In 2019 we sign ET and we laugh all the way to the podium with our high 2nd round pick.
My only problem is sitting through another could have been season with so much talent around us. All this drama makes me want to go slap someone!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::mad::oldcouple:

Rayman70

Reaction score
A Draft pick isn't wasted if it is traded

You still get a great player

If we trade for EThomas we get a great FS that we need badly.......and we get him NOW

Who cares if we have to pay him what he is worth..... Not having him is like having bald tires on a 4x4
YOU HIT ON A VALID POINT. If we wait..roll the dice and he gets signed by Seattle or another team in 2019..we lose out altogether...or B, we wait and sign him next offseason and he is a year older. I hate plan B. I say we make a deal NOW...get him while the iron is hot. We wait, we risk losing him. PLUS he will be older. NO THANKS to waiting.He has 2-3 years of elite ball left. Its worth it if we pull the trigger now.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I feel that each team is waiting on the other to blink. Seattle is hoping that Dallas will get desperate and give them a 2nd and possibly a player. Dallas is hoping that Seattle gets tired of the hold out and see they are ok at safety and to avoid anymore grumblings Seattle will go ahead and take our 3rd. I stated on another board that It would really be funny to me if ET only shows up for the 6 games to have an accrued season. ET has a so/so year and Seattle has a good enough season to get a top 25 draft pick. As hard as this will be for me to sit through another terrible season Dallas has a pretty bad year and has a top 10 pick. In 2019 we sign ET and we laugh all the way to the podium with our high 2nd round pick.
My only problem is sitting through another could have been season with so much talent around us. All this drama makes me want to go slap someone!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::mad::oldcouple:
If EThomas was available at our 2nd round pick this year would you have drafted him?

I would have and tried to get an OG later or in FA or use Looney

To me that says make the deal and then give EThomas a fair contract extension

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't like all of these injuries. Its becoming insane. I would say preseason needs to be limited but look what happened in just two games.

That's been a point of discussion for some time. Preseason injuries are extremely frustrating.

cristglo

Reaction score
If EThomas was available at our 2nd round pick this year would you have drafted him?

At this point I might go ahead and give them my 2nd but Im really impatient lol I said after the OTA's I thought that Dallas would make a run for him after the 3rd preseason game. I guess we shall see.
having Conner Williams sitting there No I wouldnt have given up my second. At the time we needed an OL more then we needed a safety.

Rayman70

Reaction score
NO WAY no how am I giving up my 2nd round pick in 2019. I might be willing to trade a conditional 3rd that can become a 2nd round pick based on Thomas' performance. That I might do. Seattle don't need any help.

cristglo

Reaction score
That's been a point of discussion for some time. Preseason injuries are extremely frustrating.
They are frustrating and Im on board for cutting the preseason games in half. Make the 1st a dress rehearsal then the 2nd for who is going to make the final cut. They can add on the other two preseason games to the schedule If they want.

cristglo

Reaction score
NO WAY no how am I giving up my 2nd round pick in 2019. I might be willing to trade a conditional 3rd that can become a 2nd round pick based on Thomas' performance. That I might do. Seattle don't need any help.
I feel you and that would be the better way to go. I would go as far as if he makes all pro Team I would bump it to a second.
Would anyone be willing to give up a #1 if we went to the SB and won?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

You would have drafted a 30 year old that will cost $10 mil / year?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would have if we only had to pay him a rookie contract.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why squeeze those picks so tight

You pray you could draft someone as good as EThomas.... he is a sure thing upgrade

Draft picks are lottery tickets......cash them in the draft or as trades

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I feel you and that would be the better way to go. I would go as far as if he makes all pro Team I would bump it to a second.
Would anyone be willing to give up a #1 if we went to the SB and won?
and you wasted a year

EThomas would have made the difference against GB

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Why squeeze those picks so tight

You pray you could draft someone as good as EThomas.... he is a sure thing upgrade

Draft picks are lottery tickets......cash them in the draft or as trades

He's also free next year

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You would have drafted a 30 year old that will cost $10 mil / year?
Why do you have to lie to make your case

EThomas was 28 during the Draft

and yes I would.....he is a guarantee Pro Bowler and we have the money and cap space

We just 14m to an OG

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Why do you have to lie to make your case

EThomas was 28 during the Draft

and yes I would.....he is a guarantee Pro Bowler and we have the money and cap space

We just 14m to an OG

29 year old, my bad.

And we still have a pass rusher to pay.