Twitter: Cowboys working out a safety today and one tomorrow

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that is a fairy tale

real world All Pros cost real money

grow up Peter Pan

lol - you should cut the superior attitude because the point of my post flew over your head. The point was you can't act as if trading a 2nd rounder for ET is the equivalent of drafting ET in the 2nd round because the financial commitment is dramatically different.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
lol - you should cut the superior attitude because the point of my post flew over your head. The point was you can't act as if trading a 2nd rounder for ET is the equivalent of drafting ET in the 2nd round because the financial commitment is dramatically different.
I was talking about EThomas.....as is ........28 years old .......8.5m contract...... wants big extension

I would draft that guy at 50 in a heartbeat for this team...... he is the missing link to a top 10 D

we have the money and cap space so the contract is fine

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hes already 29. It doesn't matter how old he is bbefor theseason starts. He's playing a to 29.
You said I "wouldve drafted a 30 year old"

Sorry you don't like facts but he was 28 on Draft Day...... your words not mine

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was talking about EThomas.....as is ........28 years old .......8.5m contract...... wants big extension

I would draft that guy at 50 in a heartbeat for this team...... he is the missing link to a top 10 D

we have the money and cap space so the contract is fine

That's not the way your post read, but even so there variables. It's not just a matter of whether I care if Jerry spends $10-12 million a year on a player, it's how that $10-12 million will affect our ability to keep our best players and fill future holes. Accordingly, the team has to determine what those future needs and financial commitments will look like, and whether we would be better served keeping the 2nd round pick and using the money for other things, or if the immediate impact of trading for ET would be worth any risk.

cristglo

Reaction score
and you wasted a year

EThomas would have made the difference against GB
Thats why I said tell Seattle we give you a 3rd but if he makes all pro we will give you are 2nd IMO that would be the only way I give up a second and thats tough

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Probably waiting for the wave of cuts to get really aggressive about it.
We don't need a lateral move...... we need a big upgrade or nothing

Reid, Vaccarro, Boston, Iloka are all minimal upgrades at best

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't need a lateral move...... we need a big upgrade or nothing

Reid, Vaccarro, Boston, Iloka are all minimal upgrades at best

Even if we don't do a big upgrade, it still would make sense to upgrade depth.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
200.gif

LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, wife ask why I just woke the baby!

Rayman70

Reaction score
At best if one of these no name safeties make the team it will be on special teams and bounce around on the practice squad. Unless one of these dudes is like manna from Heaven lol...it won't mean all that much in reality.

cristglo

Reaction score
If it wasnt for ET and Rico that wouldnt leave us much to talk about! lol