1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Cowboys working out DE Jimmy Bean

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Jun 13, 2018.

1. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

8,550 Messages
    8,880 Likes Received
    Saad Butt is worse, IMO.

Poor guy in my sisters dental graduating class.

Roadtrip635 and guag like this.
  2. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

5,137 Messages
    3,996 Likes Received
    JJ tryin out a new brand? Likin this brand

[​IMG]

BAT and Furboy like this.
  3. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

2,039 Messages
    1,793 Likes Received
    I believe Dick Trickle (Nascar driver) has Mr. Butt beat.

4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe.... Zone Supporter

45,053 Messages
    11,483 Likes Received
    What every you do, don't start talking about spicy sausage.

Roadtrip635, guag and Risen Star like this.
  5. Ccijcladac

Ccijcladac Active Member

318 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Smh, what about Dorance Armstrong Jr, will this prohibit his growth as a player in our system. What is our system anyway? Can anybody explain our system with a straight face. Do we sign& draft as many DE's as possible especially DE's that will have no impact in this thing we call the NFL. I swear we think we're smarter than other teams& the reality is we are not!

6. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

1,956 Messages
    2,472 Likes Received
    We need another war daddy!

7. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

10,998 Messages
    18,581 Likes Received

BAT likes this.
  8. Ccijcladac

Ccijcladac Active Member

318 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    what is a war daddy Big D? We need winners in my Mike Singletary voice;'-) we need quality defensive lineman most preferably Defensive Tackles. For the life of me I can't comprehend why the Cowboys brain trust can't see that.

9. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

1,956 Messages
    2,472 Likes Received
  10. DiResta

DiResta Well-Known Member

3,587 Messages
    5,530 Likes Received
    no its the 'how the hell did i get here?' whiskey guy

Idgit likes this.
  11. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

14,840 Messages
    17,037 Likes Received
    I've never wanted to be a bottle so much in my life!
    :omg:

BAT and TexasHillbilly like this.
  12. Ccijcladac

Ccijcladac Active Member

318 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Yeah I'm hipp about Jerry Jones idiotic comments Big D& his definition of a so called "War Daddy" is essentially what I'm speaking to. My thing is he's senile and old because if he truly covets a quote unquote War daddy he had ample opportunity to draft one or get one in free agency. Even in the 4th round of this draft there were quality DT's still on the board & he or the brain trust chooses another DE. Someone they could have had later in the draft. No one was going to draft no damn Dorance Armstrong Jr in the 4th. We're never going to win with this philosophy. Mark my words as long as we think u get DT's in the 6th round or later (7th)& trade for the Jihad Wards of the world or even give Undrafted FA's some burn@that position. We will forever be in the " Next season going to be better mode"

13. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

1,956 Messages
    2,472 Likes Received

You're preaching to the choir. I've been calling for the drafting of a DT for years. The philosophy here is very strange when it comes to the interior DL. They blamed Wade, now they blame Marinelli, but it definitely runs much deeper than just the DC.

Ccijcladac likes this.
  14. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

5,492 Messages
    4,480 Likes Received
    I have to admit that when I first saw this I was thinking the whiskey or maybe that is where my mind is right now.

15. Ccijcladac

Ccijcladac Active Member

318 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Oh it's definitely an organizational problem. I have as well Big D. I'll admit there have been ones I was wrong about. For instance, I advocated to draft " Tay Cody" out of Alabama in the second round when we drafted a often injured undersized linebacker in "Sean Lee" now I will say in hindsight that may have been foolish but giving Lee's consistency in being injured & unavailable when u needed him the most I can make a argument that it may have not been as foolish as one may think. Whether that's up for debate or not, the principle is correct. Draft Quality defensive lineman, use better resources than 6 or 7th rounders & undrafted free agents to build ur D-LINE.

So often I watch Playoff football games & I see combinations of good D-linemen wreak havoc on opposing offenses & wish for my team to have such players. From the G-men lineman during their Superbowl runs to San Francisco, Seattle,& now Philadelphia. Even the losers like a Carolina had Stout sound good defensive lines. Star Lotulelei& Johnathan Short played incredible on their run& hey coincidentally I reckon they were drafted in the 1st& 2nd round respectively. I just don't get why we don't value or emphasize this. It's maddening & I have no faith we are going to win because I know football & in football if u can't stop anyone then 10 times out of 9 ur going to lose. I don't care how dynamic ur offense is. You can't stop a team from converting a 3rd& 2 or 4th&1 by running the ball on u. Ur not going to win & if anyone thinks so then they must be employed by Dallas because they are the only ones who believe so. Good luck with that bruh!

16. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

963 Messages
    1,317 Likes Received
    Alright...you got me. I lol'd. Well played.

Risen Star likes this.
  17. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

6,955 Messages
    4,897 Likes Received
    The fact Hankins is still unsigned suggests either NFL teams don't value him as much as you do, or his asking price is unreasonable, or maybe a combination of those things.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  18. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

921 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    Too bad his first name isn’t Frank.

19. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

2,562 Messages
    5,218 Likes Received
    Frank is the last name of his best buddy. The Beans and Franks hang out together all the time.

After the Cowboys cut him, we can refer to him as a "has Bean".

I heard his dad is a minister. They call him the "Holy Frijole".

I'll be here all week.... Try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress.:D

Roadtrip635 and Risen Star like this.
  20. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

2,903 Messages
    2,472 Likes Received
    DT is pretty good.

My personal fav is Anita Bathe or the classic, Mike Hunt.