Cowboys working out DE Jimmy Bean

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’m confused. Is he the sausage guy or the whiskey guy??

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I hope he makes the squad. I mean, u gotta admit, the joke possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Just a fool to believe she eats anything but beans."

Oh, his name will definitely be a laugh on these boards, especially considering the owner, haha. This is a brilliant marketing strategy by Jerry boy.

Dwight

Reaction score
The fact Hankins is still unsigned suggests either NFL teams don't value him as much as you do, or his asking price is unreasonable, or maybe a combination of those things.

Or maybe you are making an excuse for the FO with how they lack any effort of addressing a weakness on the team.

20 plus years of this FO actions validates my feelings on this subject.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
JJ tryin out a new brand? Likin this brand

giphy-downsized-large.gif
It looks like the neck on that whisky bottle is growing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or maybe you are making an excuse for the FO with how they lack any effort of addressing a weakness on the team.

20 plus years of this FO actions validates my feelings on this subject.

Lets see - they drafted a MLB and LG, both areas of need that would be a weakness otherwise. And by all accounts they made a serious effort to acquire Earl Thomas to address what many fans feel is a weakness. They also acquired a swing tackle to address the weakness we saw with Chaz Green playing last year. So, all evidence points to the fact the team is willing to address weaknesses.

The fact that they haven't addressed everything you would have them do doesn't change that, and the fact Hankins is available doesn't, in and of itself, mean he is the right fit even if the team does need to upgrade.

I don't at all think the team does all things right, and in fact I favored a change in the head coach. But I also know that fans have the luxury of sitting at home and dictating what the team should do without having to consider all factors. In this case, I pointed out that factors would appear to be that either the NFL doesn't value Hankins as much as you do, or he may be asking for too much money, or both. Can you provide any reason why he would still be unsigned besides those things, or is your only comeback to accuse someone of making excuses. I prefer content over mindless accusations, so lets see what you've got.

Dwight

Reaction score
Lets see - they drafted a MLB and LG, both areas of need that would be a weakness otherwise. And by all accounts they made a serious effort to acquire Earl Thomas to address what many fans feel is a weakness. They also acquired a swing tackle to address the weakness we saw with Chaz Green playing last year. So, all evidence points to the fact the team is willing to address weaknesses.

The fact that they haven't addressed everything you would have them do doesn't change that, and the fact Hankins is available doesn't, in and of itself, mean he is the right fit even if the team does need to upgrade.

I don't at all think the team does all things right, and in fact I favored a change in the head coach. But I also know that fans have the luxury of sitting at home and dictating what the team should do without having to consider all factors. In this case, I pointed out that factors would appear to be that either the NFL doesn't value Hankins as much as you do, or he may be asking for too much money, or both. Can you provide any reason why he would still be unsigned besides those things, or is your only comeback to accuse someone of making excuses. I prefer content over mindless accusations, so lets see what you've got.

Interesting that you say this but I stated a weakness (meaning a nose tackle). However, you go from that and bring up other aspects that has nothing to do with a nose tackle.

Why don't you point out why teams don't desire to sign him? If this team displayed success over the years then I would accept their approach right now.

How can you prefer content when you can't even stay on the subject concerning an "issue" that may hurt the team this upcoming season.

Now lets see how you respond since you are salty about me questioning the FO who has failed to not meet expectations for years now.

That's a fact. Now I'm waiting for your excuse.

vaturkey

Reaction score
Thought he was the fellow that made sausage and sang country. Probably getting it confused, because I'd think that guy was pretty old. He did make good sausage gravy as I recall.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Interesting that you say this but I stated a weakness (meaning a nose tackle). However, you go from that and bring up other aspects that has nothing to do with a nose tackle.

Why don't you point out why teams don't desire to sign him? If this team displayed success over the years then I would accept their approach right now.

How can you prefer content when you can't even stay on the subject concerning an "issue" that may hurt the team this upcoming season.

Now lets see how you respond since you are salty about me questioning the FO who has failed to not meet expectations for years now.

That's a fact. Now I'm waiting for your excuse.

So 31 other teams haven't signed him but we should, because we don't have any 2 down players?