Cowboys working out DE Jimmy Bean

CPanther95

Reaction score
Thought he was the fellow that made sausage and sang country. Probably getting it confused, because I'd think that guy was pretty old. He did make good sausage gravy as I recall.

Still remember those old "Pure Pork Sausage!" commercials.

Made me question, for the first time, what the hell was in all those other sausages I ate.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
What every you do, don't start talking about spicy sausage.
About 20 years ago, I was managing a place in Austin and Earl Campbell was a regular. I was standing with a new employee when Earl walks in, I shake Earl's hand and introduced the new guy to Earl. The poor guy is awestruck and froze, he shakes Earl's hand and all he could think to say was "I like your sausage."

Earl gets a funny look on his face, looks at me and looks at the guy and laughs a bit, I facepalmed and laughed and explained he was a big fan. Later, the guy told me that he really was a fan of Earl's sausage and I told him to maybe not say it so creepy. :laugh:

CPanther95

Reaction score
About 20 years ago, I was managing a place in Austin and Earl Campbell was a regular. I was standing with a new employee when Earl walks in, I shake Earl's hand and introduced the new guy to Earl. The poor guy is awestruck and froze, he shakes Earl's hand and all he could think to say was "I like your sausage."

Earl gets a funny look on his face, looks at me and looks at the guy and laughs a bit, I facepalmed and laughed and explained he was a big fan. Later, the guy told me that he really was a fan of Earl's sausage and I told him to maybe not say it so creepy. :laugh:

"Many guys have talked about my thighs, but you're the first to comment on my sausage".

GenoT

Reaction score
Well, he WAS on the Raiders’ practice squad...AND he’s coming off an injury.

Sounds like Bean could be a “perfect storm” pickup for Dallas.

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
What would his Madden player rating be?

norrris1.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
6-5 264 4.77 331/2

OVERVIEW

It's easy to be overlooked when playing across the way from All-American defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah, but NFL scouts liked what they saw in Bean throughout the last three years. His 2013 effort (34 tackles, 9.5 for loss, 4.5 sacks) was especially impressive coming off a redshirt season for a dislocated knee. In 2014, he again started all 13 games, racking up 42 tackles, six for loss, 3.5 sacks, and three forced fumbles. Bean was on the way to his best year as a senior, making 25 stops, 10.5 for loss, and 5.5 sacks in just the first eight games of 2015, but unfortunately, he missed the rest of the year with a torn ACL. Adding injury to the insult of being overlooked will probably hurt his draft status, but a patient team could find a real deal a year down the road.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Long, angular frame. Very reliable, rangy tackler. Has decent lateral quickness to chase perimeter runs. Bodies up and wraps up and can launch into successful finish while on the move. Allowed no broken tackles over the last three years. Uses spin move to disengage from blockers and as his inside rush move counter. Played with adequate quickness for T/E twists. Finished with 5.5 sacks in 2015.
WEAKNESSES
Lacks the twitch and get off to climb the edge as a pass rusher. Showed no consistent transition of speed-to-power from the edge. Below average awareness. Eyes don't see beyond the line of scrimmage and failed to see play development quickly enough. Gave in too easily against smaller blockers. Tries to take on with lead shoulder rather than powerful hand usage. Lacking pass rush plan and consistent play speed.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Undrafted free agent
BOTTOM LINE
Looks the part on the hoof, but tape is a much different story. Bean is unable to count on edge speed or power as a traits-based pass rush attack and his hands are simply not skilled enough. He is an average athlete lacking plus power at the point of attack so his call might not come until very late or after the draft.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

LOL... That's funny cause I actually like Earl Campbell Hot Link Sausage myself.

kskboys

Reaction score
"Hand me down that can 'o beans, hand me down that can 'o beans!!!!!!"