Video: Cowherd comments on Smith signing

bsbellomy

Reaction score
He’s right. Zeke really has stabbed Jerry in the back after Jerry went to bat for him on the suspension.

Jerry has gone to bat for every player in his Cowboys history who has helped him make money on Sundays. This is not a one way street and Zeke has done plenty for Jerry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That may be true but I don't know how many other NFL owners would have done the same. Jerry has his flaws but he is famous (infamous) for sticking by his players. How many owners would have said good riddance to Randy Gregory by now? I'm not saying that Jerry had Zeke's well-being at heart when he did what he did, but he at least did it for the team and the sake of winning, kind of the opposite of holding out for a few more than the $10m you've been offered. Every dime Zeke demands comes out of his teammates' pockets. Every dollar Zeke gets paid is a dollar the team can't use to retain other players. Zeke can hold out for all the money he wants, but the idea that he's "just doing business" while Jerry doesn't give a damn about winning is a joke.

In my mind, for whatever reason, Jerry went to the mat for Zeke and Zeke is paying him back by (listening to a stupid agent) being a selfish baby. But the suspension stuff isn't even my gripe with Zeke. First of all, I think he picked a bad agent. Rocky seems to be of the opinion that holding out with two years left on his contract was a good strategy for "negotiating" with Jerry Jones, and now he's painted his client into a corner. Having no other recourse, he goes all pubescent and plays the "disrespect" card, which highly is laughable. First of all, seriously? Secondly, grow some fricking skin. And third, if you care about respect, maybe don't run off to Cabo as you skip camp. You could tell from pressers and interviews that that hit Jerry hard. Running back down there because Jerry joked about him not being in camp proves the point.
I don't know I think a lot of owners would'e done it. You just invested a 4th overall pick in him and a year later he gets suspended? I think most owners would've fought that too the core. Jerry handled that whole Zeke situation with a certain arrogance and his ego took a hit.

In regards to Zeke going back to Cabo......I Think that was always the plan lol. Jerry just created a narrative with the whole joke thing.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Colin is spot on... this could be getting personal for Jerry. Jerry loves his players. Jerry supports his players. Jerry takes care of players long after they retire, and jerry has gone to bat for Zeke since day 1 of him becoming a cowboy. Jerry has said all along they are gonna pay Zeke.. but he never said he was going to pay him this year. So, jerry has every right to be a little upset. I support Jerry in anything he does in regards to Zeke. I want Zeke on the field as much as anyone, because we are much better with him than without him. But there are limits to how much I would expect Cowboys management to do to make that happen. Just like AB in Steeler land. They finally said enough is enough.

O personally would tell Zeke I will get you your deal NEXT year. If you dont like it... sit your arse in Mexico all year. Like Colin said... what can Zeke give Jerry??? Jerry has 3 SB wins, Jerry is a Billionaire. They havent won anything so far with Zeke... so go ahead... piss of the best friend you will ever have Zeke.

visionary

Reaction score
He may have, still spent 2 million to help Zeke, got fined to help Zeke. Now, what even ridicoulous is you spouting off again. Everybody knows Jerry's close relationships and loyalties to his players, sometimes to a fault. He's done it for lesser players and even assistant coaches, go read what he did for Josh Brent or Anthony Lynn. I'd put my money on it being "out of the kindness of his heart" rather than for the need on the field.

Agreed

That is actually one of Jerry’s flaws as a GM that he gets personal and too caring towards his players. We also know that Jerry has a long long history taking care of his star players

This is a big mistake by Zeke

chagus

Reaction score
Like Jerry did it out of the kindness of his heart lol. Jerry did it because Zeke was the best player on his team and he needed him in order to win. Let's don't kid ourselves here.
Still did it, tho.

Dre11

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Benefited both sides.

And there is a reason why Jerry loved Mike and Irvin and it isn't because they laugh at Jerry's jokes lol.

I'm not speculating anything. ITs common sense that a employer wants to protect its assets. What is there to assume? That's common sense.

You are speculating, you're basically saying in any case an owner like Jerry can't legitimately help out of the kindness of his heart because he's an owner of a business and that's stupid.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...rs-cowboys-anthony-lynn-surviving-hit-and-run

texbumthelife

Reaction score
How can anyone like him? He literally trolls for viewership lol.

That's literally ever single person in broadcasting. You realize that right? There are degrees to the madness though. For instance, Stephen A. has been proven time and time again to not be up-to-date or knowledgeable in the least. He just screams the loudest.

I'm not a huge fan of Cowherd, but he's definitely better than some of the other trash out there

erod

Reaction score
Cowherd is good when there's something really meaningful to discuss.

Like this. Very smart and well presented take.

What I don't like is when he just fabricates issues out of thin air and babbles on about nothing.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You are correct
But jerry does have a history of going the extra mile to help players
In this case though it was the right thing to do and was self serving

Jerry has helped plenty of players from the top to the bottom of NFL rosters. Trying to pigeon hole him based on Zeke is nearsighted and self-serving. Yeah, it's an investment, but it's still his damn money.

erod

Reaction score
Like Jerry did it out of the kindness of his heart lol. Jerry did it because Zeke was the best player on his team and he needed him in order to win. Let's don't kid ourselves here.
I don't think that's true.

Yes, the importance of a player dictates things to a degree, but Jerry genuinely thought the league was being unfair with Zeke. Recent decisions show that, in fact, they were being unfair.

But Jerry did similar things for Josh Brent and other players of lesser value.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess that explains why Jerry to this day is still close with most of his players. Michael Irvin actually loves Jerry and vice versa. Jerry is known for loving his players and treating them very well, he is actually loyal to a fault. But hey, make up whatever you want. lol
He's in touch with every single big time player that made him money. No doubt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think that's true.

Yes, the importance of a player dictates things to a degree, but Jerry genuinely thought the league was being unfair with Zeke. Recent decisions show that, in fact, they were being unfair.

But Jerry did similar things for Josh Brent and other players of lesser value.
So did Jerry thing the league was being unfair to the Patriots owner when he was getting screwed over? I'm not knocking Jerry for this. I'm just calling it what it was. Zeke is a investment to him and he wants to protect his investment at all costs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry never had a problem negotiating contracts with Romo, Witten, Zack Martin, Frederick, Sean Lee, Witten, etc..

Maybe Zeke is the problem, not Jerry...
No he didn't. But its 2019 and its a new league.As you can see......he had problems with Lawrence, Dak, Cooper and Zeke. Just a different time. Even then......he compensated Witten, Romo, Martin, Fredericks and Lee very well. Hard to turn down that type of money. Some would argue all got paid what they were worth or overpaid.

erod

Reaction score
So did Jerry thing the league was being unfair to the Patriots owner when he was getting screwed over? I'm not knocking Jerry for this. I'm just calling it what it was. Zeke is a investment to him and he wants to protect his investment at all costs.
Football wise, Jerry knows his quarterback is a jar of goo without Zeke. He knows his team success is directly tied to Zeke.

Sure.

But he stood by Zeke during that time because he saw the inequity in the decision made. The police dropped it and the NFL investigator recommended no suspension. And yet Goodell and his staff of Giants fan still decided to do it. This after letting other guys off scott free.

He was proven right after what we've watched with Tyreek Hill and others.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Football wise, Jerry knows his quarterback is a jar of goo without Zeke. He knows his team success is directly tied to Zeke.

Sure.

But he stood by Zeke during that time because he saw the inequity in the decision made. The police dropped it and the NFL investigator recommended no suspension. And yet Goodell and his staff of Giants fan still decided to do it. This after letting other guys off scott free.

He was proven right after what we've watched with Tyreek Hill and others.
If Jerry thought that or knew that then why doesn't he have a contract with Zeke right now?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are speculating, you're basically saying in any case an owner like Jerry can't legitimately help out of the kindness of his heart because he's an owner of a business and that's stupid.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...rs-cowboys-anthony-lynn-surviving-hit-and-run
Why do you keep bringing up Anthony Lynn? Was he not on payroll? That was a hell of a gesture made by Jerry. He protects his investment. Why are you fighting so hard against that? Why wouldn't a owner protect his investment?